Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anyone have sync issues when watching tv3 in freeview DVB-T ? i can get it working correctly by switching to ac3 sound channel but i do not wish to do this as most of the time its in sterio and i wish for my amp to use prologic. anyone know how to fix this?

Hi, if you mean that the audio goes in and out of sync with the video then yes I've got the same problem. (Fine on AC3) I'd love to know how to fix this too. I'm using the PowerDVD9 codec.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How can i know what filters are in use in MP?
    Use Graphstudio - RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio
    For the above to work, you may need proppage.dll installed and registered in system32 folder (or syswow64 for 64bit vista)
    Start MP in window mode.
    Start GraphStudio and File->Connect to remote graph and click connect
    Take a screen capture (CTRL+PRINT SCREEN) and paste the image into an image editor, then upload the image

Here's an example
    audioac3.jpg

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How can i know what filters are in use in MP?
    Use Graphstudio - RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio
    For the above to work, you may need proppage.dll installed and registered in system32 folder (or syswow64 for 64bit vista)
    Start MP in window mode.
    Start GraphStudio and File->Connect to remote graph and click connect
    Take a screen capture (CTRL+PRINT SCREEN) and paste the image into an image editor, then upload the image

Here's an example
    audioac3.jpg

Great instructions! Thanks. Ok, here's the info:

Attachments

• MP graph settings.JPG
      MP graph settings.JPG
      28.1 KB

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anyone have sync issues when watching tv3 in freeview DVB-T ? i can get it working correctly by switching to ac3 sound channel but i do not wish to do this as most of the time its in sterio and i wish for my amp to use prologic. anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, only on TV3. All other channels fine. I just use ac3 where the sync is no problem.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and to confirm DVB-T HDTV TV3 1080i only stutters with AAC and when you use AC3 there is no stutter?

if that is so, then plz post graph with ac3 sound. (your aac graph looks fine)
    also press shift+! and see if you are dropping frames or have high jitter.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and to confirm DVB-T HDTV TV3 1080i only stutters with AAC and when you use AC3 there is no stutter?

if that is so, then plz post graph with ac3 sound. (your aac graph looks fine)
    also press shift+! and see if you are dropping frames or have high jitter.

Yes, the issue is only on AAC on TV3. AC3 on TV3 is fine. All other digital channels are fine. Just to clarify "stutter" The audio sounds fine, no breakups or odd noises, it just seems to drift in and out of sync with the video. Sometimes it looks fine, other times it looks like a dubbed foreign language film.

I've just checked with shift+! and currently show (after about ten minutes of viewing) 1 dropped frame and jitter of 3. (By the way, what exactly is "jitter"?) Unfortunately infomercials are on at the moment so I can't really tell if the audio is in sync or not. I'll check again tonight.

Thanks

Attachments

• MP graph settings AC3.JPG
      MP graph settings AC3.JPG
      28 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    both graphs look fine. i believe jitter has to do with delays with decoding audio/video and is related to audio/video synch. 1 dropped frame and jitter of 3 seems fine. I know that ac3filter has the ability to resynch audio, but i'm not sure if monogram aac can do that or not. You could try adding ac3filter under post processing for mediaportal config tv settings, then run graphstudio to check that ac3filter is in the graph after the monogram aac filter, ie. "MP file reader -> Monogram AAC -> Ac3filter -> Direct sound device". This may help with the synch.

There are also alternative AAC codecs that you can try. If you download HD Pack 2.2, it contains an alternative aac codec (use google), i think it's called "elecard aac codec". However i think your graphs look fine so i'm not sure why it is going out of sync. Since you have PDVD installed maybe you could try using PDVD for AAC codec too. You might just want to stick with ac3 for TV3, if you want to always use ac3 you can select prefered audio type in MP settings

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    both graphs look fine. i believe jitter has to do with delays with decoding audio/video and is related to audio/video synch. 1 dropped frame and jitter of 3 seems fine. I know that ac3filter has the ability to resynch audio, but i'm not sure if monogram aac can do that or not. You could try adding ac3filter under post processing for mediaportal config tv settings, then run graphstudio to check that ac3filter is in the graph after the monogram aac filter, ie. "MP file reader -> Monogram AAC -> Ac3filter -> Direct sound device". This may help with the synch.

There are also alternative AAC codecs that you can try. If you download HD Pack 2.2, it contains an alternative aac codec (use google), i think it's called "elecard aac codec". However i think your graphs look fine so i'm not sure why it is going out of sync. Since you have PDVD installed maybe you could try using PDVD for AAC codec too. You might just want to stick with ac3 for TV3, if you want to always use ac3 you can select prefered audio type in MP settings

Thanks for your help and tips. Much appreciated! I'll try some of the combinations you've suggested and see if I get any improvement.

I'm not keen on using AC3 for everything on TV3 as it's a bit naff for programs that don't have digital sound originally but it's a fall back I guess.

I'd be interested to know which codecs users Kiwi or Nato who've also logged this issue are using. Do you both have strong DVB-T signals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom