Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@DrMopar
Which AAC codec are you using?

I'm using Monogram AAC. I'll try some of Kiwijunglist's suggestions as soon as I get the chance.

It seems that there are a few of us with this issue and presumably a number of users for whom it's not a problem. So we should be able to track down the common cause.

I know TV3 is the only one transmitting 1080i, perhaps it's something to do with the way they multiplex the sound which is why we're only having the problem on this one channel. But there must be something different in some of our setups that causes it to work correctly for some users but not others.

I'm in a weak reception area and get picture break up from time to time. (I'm trying to rectify this but that's another story.....) However this is mainly on TV1 (where I've never had sound sync issues) and when the sound does go out of sync on TV3 the picture is fine. :confused:

I have a pretty good signal ( not far from sugarloaf (CHCH) and Direct Line of sight)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am currently using the Hauppauge Nova T 500 which is a terrestrial digital card with 2 tuners ( record 2 channels at thwe same time or record one watch another) great card.

Yes the Nova T 500 is a good card, but whilst my computer detects mine as two tuners it has only ever found channels on the second tuner. I have never been able to resolve this so have just been using it as a single tuner since I bought it last year. I tried it in two computers with the same results. Suspecting it was a faulty card I took it back the day after I bought it to the guy that supplied it and he reckons he tested it and it worked fine on both tuners, but I have my doubts as to whether he tested it properly if at all as no one has been able to give me any logical reason why it won't work on both tuners when it works perfectly on one. Getting frustrated with only having it as a single tuner I contacted Hauppauge in Singapore recently and they said I could send it to them and they would test it, but that will obviously cost me a fair bit, especially if it turns out that there is nothing wrong with it. It would be really nice to find a kind soul and Media Portal enthusiast in Christchurch that has the same card that would be willing to pop it in their computer and test it for me.

Im in CHCH

Nato, Did you get the private message I sent you or did I muck it up?

vid1

Portal Member
September 26, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi
Can anyone recommend a PCI-e2 (the small connection type) TV tuner card with dual DVB-T tuning (record two channels at the same time) that will work with MediaPortal here in NZ? Or a PCI card if there are no PCI-e2.
Many thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have a feeling that any pci-e card (ie pci-e1/e2) will fit in pci-e slot. ie. it's backwards compatible isn't it? .... lots of users have hvr2200 it is pci-e and records 2x dvb-T muxes at once.

vid1

Portal Member
    September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I forgot to mention I am after an HD card not standard digital.
    Does anyone know of a card that is HD and records two channels.
    Also you are right about the PCI-e stuff
    Thx again

vid1

Portal Member
    September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thx but this card is not HD. Does anyone no of a card that is HD and records two channels.
    Thx again

I have the HVR2200 and can watch HD Freeview..... What do you mean by it not being HD?
    Freeview broadcasts in both DVD quality (700 pixel) and HD quality (1080 pixel) format. This card only receives the DVD quality broadcast.
    At least I thnk this is the case as the card records in MPEG-2 and not H.264

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thx but this card is not HD. Does anyone no of a card that is HD and records two channels.
    Thx again

I have the HVR2200 and can watch HD Freeview..... What do you mean by it not being HD?
    Freeview broadcasts in both DVD quality (700 pixel) and HD quality (1080 pixel) format. This card only receives the DVD quality broadcast.
    At least I thnk this is the case as the card records in MPEG-2 and not H.264

The MPEG-2 bit refers to the card's onboard hardware encoding of Analogue. For digital it receives/records the transport stream which in NZ is H.264.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom