Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AFAIK gfx driver shouldn't influence recording only playback.
    Better gfx drivers may handle playback better for recordings with errors in them.

(NB - I batch processed a whole lot of .ts recordings from C4, and i found that about 1:5 had caused handbrake to crash, hence i think errors in .ts recordings are quite common, probably caused my temporary reception issues)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AFAIK gfx driver shouldn't influence recording only playback....

That's what I thought - I've got the latest Nvidea drivers for my card (installed as per how you said to do it) so there's nothing I can do there. Sounds like an MP issue. Maybe I should change the recording format but I thought it was better to use the TS format. Or I could go with captcol's suggestion and set up a daily reboot (if I knew how :oops: ...)

bgbailey

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well it looks like this is not an uncommon issue?

I will remove the PVR 150 and see if it goes away. I'll only have recording on one MUX then so the issue may stop.

Cheers
    Bernard

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

Have encountered a real weird issue tonight. TV1 and TV2 - live TV and recordings (recorded previous to today) seem to play back the picture at half the speed of the sound, however TV3 seems to be OK? What could this be??

Since moving to MP version 1.0.2.0 I seem to have developed synching problems. Periodically the sound lags behind the picture, but tonight it is the other way around?

I'm thinking codecs, but I have not changed anything today? Thought anybody?

While I'm on the subject of codecs, does anybody have a good combination for TV, Video and DVD which are free? I'm currently running CoreAVC.

Any help appreciated.

Graham

UPDATE: Did a "disk cleanup" on my operating system disk and it's all working OK again.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @bgbailey - sounds like graphics driver problem. Uninstall gfx driver, reboot, run gfx driver cleaner, reboot, install latest drivers/recommend drivers.

I've got the same problem as bgbailey (had it for ages) and pretty much the same setup except 2 x Technistat tuners and the PVR 150 is disabled. I'll give this a go and report back in a few weeks.

One question though (before I go ahead and do this) - what does the graphics driver have to do with the process of recording a programme? In my case the programmes record but the thumbnails generated make it look like I've recorded a horror movie and everyone's faces are melting :eek: plus of course the files won't play (MP jams up) which sounds the same as bgbailey's problem, I just like my description better :D

I remember reading somewhere that the thumbnail creation program isn't compatible/fully compatible with H.264 or NZ's implementation of it (sorry for being a bit vague, but it was a while ago) Try turning it off and see if this fixes your recording issues.

I'm in a poor reception area and get quite a few dropped frames in recordings. Sometimes when using the skip button to jump over ads the playback stops and MP goes back to the recorded programs menu. I'm guessing that it's landing in some bad data after the ad skip, thinks its at end of file and quits playing. I've sometimes had a recording which won't play at all, which sounds similar to your issue (the file is there and I can play it in another player fine) I've found if I press play on the remote and then immediately skip forward 15 or 30 seconds it will play the file. Again my working hypothesis is some bad data caused by reception issues right at the start of the file. It might be worth trying this with your unplayable files.

A better aerial is going up soon.....

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's correct that mtn.exe (Thumbnail creation) has intermittent problems with h264 dvb-t recordings (It crashes on some recordings). This issue is in the roadmap and should be fixed in MP1.1RC1, However i doubt that mtn.exe is causing your problems.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see a few people are reporting issues with TV3 Sync issues, I also am having the same problem. Noticed it about a month ago and have had no luck with fixing it...

I'm using SAF 4.20Beta (unlocked) so basically the PowerDVD 9 codecs. Never had sync issues in the past, it just happened one day, I swear after a windows update, any idea's any one...?

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Simon

I'm also interested in any tips on this one as I'm about to tackle the same issue. I'm sure you'll update us when you fix it?

In my case it's not my home setup so I have the added complication of working remotely, but you've made me realise that I potentially have a good setup to work this out since I don't have this issue on the Server/Client but I do have it on the standalone client when playing the same recording (so I'm told). Time to start comparing!

Hint: turn off Windows update
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    cheers

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Thesystemera,

I have just updated 2 posts back on this forum about what I have recently done to fix the problem. With Kiwijunglists suggestion, I downloaded "HD Pack 2.2" and installed PDVD9 codec and ran that with AC3 audio codec and it's running great (touch wood). I previously had CoreAVC running.

Prior to installing this, I also had synching problems on TV3 and other channels. This also lasted for a month and then TVNZ channels ran at 1/4 speed with audio running as normal. To fix this I simply did a "Disk Clean" on the operating system disk - go to the properties of your drive and the option is sitting in there.

Hopefully that helps. Note that my PC is also used for surfing the net, games etc etc which probably doesn't help things and is why I need to periodically do the clean.

Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom