Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey everyone, seeing as though there seems to be so many of us now in NZ we should have a movie night round someone's place! Hand's up who has a nice projector and plenty of room?

PS - Bleazle.... Loving the latest version of the skin!

I'm in, it would be good to meet some other MP users - no projector here but the 50" plasma isn't too shabby :D It would have to be a wife free occasion wouldn't it? otherwise they'd all get together and start talking about how we all start playing with MP (and screw things up!) just when they want to watch something on TV (or does that only happen at my place? :D )

Anyway, you arrange the get together and I'll be there! (as long as it's in Auckland..)

Dave

Dave.... I'm still keen for an Auckland meet of some sort we just have to find someone with the ultimate setup that we can all drool over! You know anyone or would anyone out there be keen to host an informal meet around their house to talk about all things MP and maybe watch something on the big screen?

1 vote for me on the "no wife/gf" policy cause then mine would find out just how unstable MP is at our house.... In my defense it's not my fault the hard drive keeps filling up with shortland street and then stops recording....

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, dual tuner in the Nova 500-T

Hi Metalla_NZ,

Thanks for the note - didn't realise you can record multiple channels from the same "mux" on the same tuner card - thought it was by channel, so thanks for that!!

Interesting your comment about the CoreAVC codec and stuttering which is what I'm experiancing. I thought this could have been the TV tuner card as DVD's seem to play OK.

I see you downloaded this codec as part of the CLVD-Pack - do you simply download the pack, run the installation and the codecs appear in the Settings section? Also, you mention issues with DVD menus - do you simply select PDVD8 and MPEG2 and PDVD9 and H264 to resolve the issue - correct?

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Graham

I'm also keen for a MP meet up and sharing knowledge. Unfortunately my place is out.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey everyone, seeing as though there seems to be so many of us now in NZ we should have a movie night round someone's place! Hand's up who has a nice projector and plenty of room?

PS - Bleazle.... Loving the latest version of the skin!

I'm in, it would be good to meet some other MP users - no projector here but the 50" plasma isn't too shabby :D It would have to be a wife free occasion wouldn't it? otherwise they'd all get together and start talking about how we all start playing with MP (and screw things up!) just when they want to watch something on TV (or does that only happen at my place? :D )

Anyway, you arrange the get together and I'll be there! (as long as it's in Auckland..)

Dave

Dave.... I'm still keen for an Auckland meet of some sort we just have to find someone with the ultimate setup that we can all drool over! You know anyone or would anyone out there be keen to host an informal meet around their house to talk about all things MP and maybe watch something on the big screen?

1 vote for me on the "no wife/gf" policy cause then mine would find out just how unstable MP is at our house.... In my defense it's not my fault the hard drive keeps filling up with shortland street and then stops recording....

Sorry for the slow reply - been wrestling with changing a tyre on my motocross bike all night - all done now though - beer was my friend:D

So how are we going to arrange this thing? Metalla_NZ is in Hamilton - where are you based kiwijunglist? and all you others! I'm happy to burn some sausages at my place if no one minds coming to Pukekohe, otherwise anywhere in Auckland is fine for me.

I'd like to see an HD setup to help me decide if I can be bothered building a new HTPC so if anyone out there has this setup in Auckland let's burn the sausages at your place! :D

Dave

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Auckland MP Social Group

Hi guys

Count me in on the get together in Auckland as suggested by TommySharp.

Rather than clog up this thread trying to organise it, I've created a Social group called "Auckland MP Social" off this forum. I don't have experience with this type of group functionality but I expect it would be a better place to make arrangements for get-together/s etc. So join up... and it's not limited to Aucklanders! You should be able to find this social group off the User Control Panel menu, or at:
    MediaPortal Forum - Auckland MP Social

Regarding a venue, I have some of the pre-requisites, just don't know how to get rid of the wife and kids. If all else fails I'll find a way.

John

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Rather than clog up this thread trying to organise it, I've created a Social group called "Auckland MP Social" off this forum. I don't have experience with this type of group functionality but I expect it would be a better place to make arrangements for get-together/s etc. So join up... and it's not limited to Aucklanders! You should be able to find this social group off the User Control Panel menu, or at:
    MediaPortal Forum - Auckland MP Social

Good idea - I've joined and will add the link to my signature when I get a chance.. not sure how the "group" thing works though :confused:

bgbailey

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Green paint/wash through the recording

Hi team,

I have a 3.0 GHZ XP PRO box with 1.5GB RAM, 500GB Disk, a TechniSat SkyStar PIC DVB-S card and a Hauppage PCR-150 card with MediaPortal 1.02 installed.

At times I have set recordings and come back to play them and found them unable to play in MP. I have opened the file in VLC and found the picture looking like the lower half has been painted with a green brush.

Can anyone tell me what has caused this?

It appears that when it happens, it will continue to affect all further recordings, until the system is rebooted and things will work ok for a while again.

I'm keen to get this sorted out.

Cheers
    Bernard

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bgbailey,

How often do you reboot your machine, I used to have wierd issues like this with my xp machine and used to rebbot every coupla days now my machine is scheduled to reboot daily brofre and after epf download.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @bgbailey - sounds like graphics driver problem. Uninstall gfx driver, reboot, run gfx driver cleaner, reboot, install latest drivers/recommend drivers.

I've got the same problem as bgbailey (had it for ages) and pretty much the same setup except 2 x Technistat tuners and the PVR 150 is disabled. I'll give this a go and report back in a few weeks.

One question though (before I go ahead and do this) - what does the graphics driver have to do with the process of recording a programme? In my case the programmes record but the thumbnails generated make it look like I've recorded a horror movie and everyone's faces are melting :eek: plus of course the files won't play (MP jams up) which sounds the same as bgbailey's problem, I just like my description better :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom