Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. what sound codec is in use when you try and play some movies that the sound doesn't work. what is the format of the sound track(s) in those movies.

2. what were you using for TV (I assume your talking about DVB-T Freeview) before coreavc 2.0?

3. so is it the DVB-T interlaced channels that are broken and the progressive are ok?

PS - It's probably best to use a non DXVA codec for live TV, because your onboard video is not up to the task of 1080i HDTV, however if you use a CPU based codec then you will have no problems as your CPU is very powerful.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    MediaPortal RC 1.1.0

Has anyone tried this build yet? I have upgraded both my multiseat and clients. I love the way this build feels.
    I over have 1 issues so far and wonder if anyone has come across this.

When viewing TV3 and then changing to another channel, I lose audio. Only way to get audio back is to restart My TV. I am running on Win 7 and using the SAF Codec setup. Everything is setup by the book and was working sweet in the old build.

Any ideas please?

Tman

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal RC 1.1.0

Has anyone tried this build yet? I have upgraded both my multiseat and clients. I love the way this build feels.

When viewing TV3 and then changing to another channel, I lose audio. Only way to get audio back is to restart My TV. I am running on Win 7 and using the SAF Codec setup. Everything is setup by the book and was working sweet in the old build.

Any ideas please?

Tman

Maybe a problem switching from ac3 (tv3) to aac (other channels) try setting up mediaportal to use the same codec for both (ie ffdshow audio) and then run a graph to ensure it is using ffdshow for audio for both tv3 (ac3) and the other channels (aac)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal RC 1.1.0

Tman

I installed it yesterday and seems to be working fine for me apart from a few random weird things happening.

One recording I did last night of TV3 on my analogue card when I was playing it today if I paused it and then resumed play the sound was gone, but if I stopped and restarted the program it was fine, also if I just touched the fast forward or rewind buttons while paused the sound would play again.

Another weird thing that has happened a couple of times is that after recordings have finished recording and nothing is showing in active recordings, ie all cards are free, a small red dot appears beside the program in recorded TV. I was unable to delete such programs and the red dot would not go away even after closing and restarting MP. What I did in the end was go into TVServer config and under Manual Control I selected the channel and pressed Stop The service.

I also see that MP installed MY SQL by default instead of the MS version. I have subsequently removed the MS version. I assume the MP team thinks MY SQL is better. I hope I have not screwed up anything on my system by removing the MS one. My thinking was well why would I need both?

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    MediaPortal RC 1.1.0

Any ideas please?

Tman

Maybe a problem switching from ac3 (tv3) to aac (other channels) try setting up mediaportal to use the same codec for both (ie ffdshow audio) and then run a graph to ensure it is using ffdshow for audio for both tv3 (ac3) and the other channels (aac)

Arrrrr I couldn't change codec to the same but, I did change the AC3 codec to use MPC - MPA Decoder Filter. This seems to be working mint so far. Cheers ears

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had the exact same problem post upgrade to RC1 using latest SAF.

When you switch from AC3 -> AAC in live TV the ffdshow audio decoder goes silent, if you disable aac in ffdshow then it reverts back to monogram aac which works, but you will loose good multichannel support for 5.1 AAC videos over SPDIF.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Everything works good for me except the only H264 codec i can pick is microsofts DTV one. All others result in a black screen.

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    1. what sound codec is in use when you try and play some movies that the sound doesn't work. what is the format of the sound track(s) in those movies.

2. what were you using for TV (I assume your talking about DVB-T Freeview) before coreavc 2.0?

3. so is it the DVB-T interlaced channels that are broken and the progressive are ok?

PS - It's probably best to use a non DXVA codec for live TV, because your onboard video is not up to the task of 1080i HDTV, however if you use a CPU based codec then you will have no problems as your CPU is very powerful.
    What is it they say ? Life is what happens when you start making plans ! Sorry KiwiJ I had every intention of sorting this out last week but got sidetracked when my server died !

Anyway I had a play last night and worked out for some reason coreavc was not being selected. In the end I just uninstalled ffdshow and since then everything has worked brilliantly. I think its just got its knickers in a twist when I moved from Coreavc 1.7 or whatever to 2.0

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Time for a new HTPC....

Hi All

I'm after a bit of advice here. It's time I built an HD capable HTPC but I'm finding it hard to work out where to start so any advice on the following would be great. Initially I'm going to stick with DVB-S for two reasons 1) I don't know if I can get a DVB-T signal where I am and 2) I would hate to go back to TV without Comskip...

I'm currently using 2 x TechniSat SkyStar 2 tuners but I think one of them might be playing up so looking at changing it to a Nova-S

Graphics card - I've decided on the Sapphire HD 5450 - The reviews are good (except from gamers who're expecting it to be a gaming card :mad:) and the HDMI with Dolby sound will go straight into my new Receiver/Amp :)

CPU? I prefer Intel but I'm out of touch with this stuff so if anyone has any suggestions as to which one/how much grunt I need that would be great. I don't want to be left with something that struggles to get the job done...

MOBO
    - Lost here too - I like Asus but I'm not sure which one to go for - obviously I want something that will make the most of the CPU. Should I worry about getting a USB 3 capable MOBO? probably not. If/when I change to DVB-T how many tuners do I need to be able to record simultaneously? (i.e. how many expansion slots will I need?)

Blu-Ray/DVD player/writer
    - once again lots of choices here - anyone found one they can recommend?

O/S - I guess I could run with my XP O/S but should I install W7? An OEM copy is cheap enough.... I've also seen some good reviews on Windows XP Black Edition but I don't think we're allowed to talk about things like that here...

PSU & Case - will use existing.

Soundcard
    - not needed thanks to the HD 5450

Any advice on any of the above (+anything I might have missed out!) would be greatly appreciated. Maybe PM me to avoid clogging up the thread? Your call :D

Cheers All

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom