Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since you getting a nice HTPC, i wouldn't go too low on the CPU, some of the 1080p mkv rips arn't dxva compatible, so it's good to have a bit of CPU grunt for the rare cases when DXVA won't work.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Agreed :)

Not sure whether this is the right place to discuss this, always found converting existing video to h.264 has never lost quality in my eyes, handbrake or xvid4psp both do this very well, and the bonus is you get dxva with the resulting file.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

A search in this thread indicates a few of us NZers are having audio sync problems with TV3 (LATM) but I haven't seen any fixes or reasons as to why. Changing to AC3 fixes it for me, but Im still wondering why this occurs with TV3 only? Something to do with 1080i?

Any ideas?

Cheers

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's surely got to be an issue at the encoding stage. I use to watch TV3 with AC3 switched off in MediaPortal for over a year, and never had audio syncing problems until about 6 or 9 months ago. Nothing has changed in my config to cause such a problem. I've now switched to "Prefer AAC" which has solved it. I think most if not all set top boxes have AC3 5.1 and use it when available, so no know one at the station or Kordia probably know about the problem.

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have to concur.

Saw the same delay in video rendering versus audio on TV3 with AAC audio and moving to "prefer AC3" resolved it (I'm usng AC3filter)

I assumed that 1080i just took that bit longer to get initiated and that AC3 took that bit longer too (versus AAC), however thinking about it, you are right that, it had been working fine about 6 months ago so suggests a change to the encoding at MediaWorks.

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FWIW I've been having audio sync issues across TV2 and TV3 recently since installing For The Record. It would start off ok, but gradually over time the audio would lose sync with the video. I use the AC3 audio stream (for TV3 at least).

Long story short, I chose the "disabled DXVA" link on the Start Men that SAF installs, and it's sorted it. I'm only running an ATI on board graphics card which may not have the various accelleration features, but with DXVA disabled everything works great.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use DXVA with an onboard ATI HD-3200 and never had audio go out of sync over time. I don't use For The Record though.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i've read that the texture rendering method is going to be changed in the next RC release, to a method that is similar to MP1.0 Final, this is because they are undoing the ugly texture hack they did to try and help the EVR+ATI gui flicker issue. This means that once again it will be easier to render 1080i HDTV in mediaportal, which should hopefully lower the gfx requirements for dxva of TV3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom