Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
oh ok, pretty useless if you cant assign keys to whichever button you want, but wouldn't something like EventGhost be able to do this and work with MP, instead of buying another remote?

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh ok, pretty useless if you cant assign keys to whichever button you want, but wouldn't something like EventGhost be able to do this and work with MP, instead of buying another remote?

hopefully... but as I've yet to try/use it I can't answer the question.. like I said, I'm unable to put any time into it till next week at the earliest.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey just wondering... Have my freeview going great, but to get this straight, the only way I'm gonna be able to get SKY EPG data is if I'm to buy a DVB-S card.... Has there been any other solutions, as I really don't want to have to trade between DVB-S and/or DVB-T... (Only two PCI slots)

Any idea's guys and gals.. :)

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hybrid card? Hauppauge HVR3000, does both DVB-S and DVB-T. Not at the same time of course.

That's what I run, and it works sweet. Won't you need DVB-S to get Sky anyway?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys! Anyone out there using an atom ION nettop as a client by any chance?

I'm struggling to get mine working nicely with freeview DVB-T broadcasts, it's just not reliable enough... Sometimes it works well and then sometimes I'm stuck with lost frames and stuttering....

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hopefully... but as I've yet to try/use it I can't answer the question.. like I said, I'm unable to put any time into it till next week at the earliest.

Hi Rocklander,
    I see you use the WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus DVB-S card. I am looking at getting one, does this work fine for all NZ
    FTA Freeview channels? i.e, timeshifting, etc on all channels? Are you running win7? I am and want to make
    sure it all works before purchasing.
    Done a search of this thread, but no avail. I understand that NZ DVB-S uses different audio (LATM).

Cheers,
    Divxmaster.

p.s., I use winlirc for my remote and map to any mediaportal command I need, but your remote may not work
    with winlirc/ (serial port emulation).

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use the nova-s on Win 7 and yes it is fine for all nz fta and sbs channels 1-4 and HD.

I am looking at getting a second and maybe third nova-s or usb-nova-s so I can watch and record every single channel at this same time if I want, currently I have a couple of clashes with viewing and recording shows at the same time on different muxes but not all three yet.

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks captcol,

yes, this would be my third tuner device, I currently have Sky Sat into Tivo series 1 as my
    main, and freeview into dvd recorder as second.

But I cant timeshift the dvd recorder/freeview (which you really get used to on the tivo),
    so hence wanting a second timeshift device.

Cheers,
    divxmaster

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Righto,

So the nova-s card will decode freeview and sbs satelite stuff.

The limitiations if you are unaware is that the card can only decode one mux at a time so you can watch and record any of the same channels that are on that mux but you will not be able to watch the other muxes without stopping the recording.

If you are not recording then jumping bewteen the muxes is no issue and works fine with timeshifting etc, with 2 nova-s cards you would rarely come accross any issues, it would only be when using sbs, tvnz and tv3's channel sets all at the same time.

I looked at some of the hybrid and multipurpose cards but as I do not get freeview Terrestrial signal here most of them have no purpose or the price comparison with the nova-s makes them unattractive.

Using this would mean you could retask you freeview box and dvd recorder as well

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hu Guys
    Can anyone point me in the right direction. I had to start over with Win 7 (64 bit)[long story involvong a hard drive crash and a grumpy wife!] and reinstalled 1.1.0 rc3...

All was good and well but had no surround sound with AC3 (TV3) and DVD's. Saw a coment somewhere suggesting that advanced DVD options in Mediaplayer had to be set to SPDIF sound and all would be well. That worked a treat - DVD and TV3 now surround sound but Monogram AAC now refuses to give sound out. That means every other channel is silent. Woe is me.
    The media player screen is truncated and I am sure this setting needs to be done as well (looks like 'AAC decoder settings"...) see attached image
    Any one seen this or now another work around etc?
    regards
    Neville

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      62.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom