Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Guys
I logged in as an adminstrator and finished installing media player as that user and now all working.....ComputerS?!

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have recently just done a complete fresh install of MP 1.1RC4 and have it going very smoothly.

The last couple of days however, when I recorded Campbell live it wont play back any picture, just sound.

TV3 news and any other programmes I have recently recorded all seem fine.

Any ideas appreciated.

blaloli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Epg grabbing

FreeviewHD DVB-T MHEG5 stream EPG grabber - 8 day grabber for W7 MCE
    Geekzone MHEG5 EPG Data grabber
    This probably could be adapted to mediaportal.

However I am currently using this with mediaportal
    FreeviewtoXMLTV.zip
    to get my 8 day epg for mediaportal via the internet
    Geekzone MHEG5 EPG Data grabber:

This can be used easily with MP in fact that was the idea when SJB & I wrote it. It also doesn't rely on an Internet connection OR some third party website. It simply decodes the EPG info from the transmission (either DVBT or DVBS) and you output the XMLTV compliant file to the directory you have configured in MP using the XMLTV plugin. See the Geekzone thread for detailed instructions.

giggles.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ahhh thanks giggles, i meant to write something more like "This probably works for mediaportal too", but I havn't tried it yet. Thanks for creating the grabber and glad to hear it works with mediaportal.

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is anyone using MP 1.1.0 rc 4 ? and using the tv as I have big wait times on channel switching or tv startup !

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is anyone using MP 1.1.0 rc 4 ? and using the tv as I have big wait times on channel switching or tv startup !

Yes I am using it and although very stable, I have the same problem with live TV, very long wait time after switching channels.

I also have very long wait time when programming something to record.

I think I read somewhere that RC5 is scheduled for release two weeks after RC4 so lets hope they get those two things sorted by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom