Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ah I see,

Good luck on finding a card, hunt trademe I guess

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ thekiwi: I use ForTheRecord (wouldn't be without it!) and I can record the two SBS channels I have tuned in (at the same time if required)...
    Hi Bleazle

Thanks for that.

Something weird then with my system maybe :(

I note that I cant scan for the SBS channels, just get no signal with an ini file of:
    Code:
    [SATTYPE]
    1=1600
    2=Optus D1

[DVB]
    1=12456,H,22500,34,DVB-S
    2=12483,H,22500,34,DVB-S
    4=12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

with 2 Satellite cards giving the same result.

but when I enter in manually the settings at
    SBSONE.jpg

and
    SBSTwo.jpg

and in TVServer the signal quality is almost 100% and the viewed picture is crystal clear.

Do you have the same settings as in those images?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What version of MP are you using? I'm using RC4 and all I had to do was scan using 160 Optus D1 from the drop down menu (no manual changes required) and SBS was tuned in perfectly...

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What version of MP are you using? I'm using RC4 and all I had to do was scan using 160 Optus D1 from the drop down menu (no manual changes required) and SBS was tuned in perfectly...

That's all had to do a few weeks ago, then things just stopped work after adding plug-ins, so manual tuned and all is working again.

I might even give you skin a go...doesn't look too bad

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...That's all had to do a few weeks ago, then things just stopped work after adding plug-ins, so manual tuned and all is working again.

I might even give you skin a go...doesn't look too bad

Weird that adding plugins screwed up SBS....

Re: BleazleWide - it's time I released an updated version (i.e. the version I'm using) but I'm waiting until MP1.1 is released.

Update Re: Harmony One Remote
    (which I was tossing up whether or not to buy a few pages earlier..)

Got one! :D and I've got to say it's pretty cool. Click one button and the TV, AMP and HTPC are good to go - kids want to play Wii? click one button and the Wii is turned on* and the Amp switches from using the HTPC input to using the Wii plus the surround sound mode is set to "game". To change back to MP click a button and the HTPC is good to go again :)

WAF, MAF (My Acceptance Factor) & KAF (Kids...) = 100% :D

Now I'm going to set up some macros so that when I want music playing on the deck and in the lounge both zones are turned on at the click of a button, or if I want music playing on the deck and another source (eg. MP or Wii) playing in the lounge it can be done with one click - great stuff - all of this is obviously possible with the remote for the AMP but because it's not something I do every day I'd keep forgetting which buttons I had to push to make it so :oops: Nothing like going outside at 11:30pm only to find that the TV you've been watching has been blaring out of the speakers on the deck too... :oops: :D :D Harmony One will sort that :)

* That's not quite right - you have to use a Wii remote to turn the Wii on because it's a Bluetooth device so the Harmony One can't control it...

Bleazle

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Update Re: Harmony One Remote
    (which I was tossing up whether or not to buy a few pages earlier..)

Got one! :D and I've got to say it's pretty cool. Click one button and the TV, AMP and HTPC are good to go - kids want to play Wii? click one button and the Wii is turned on and the Amp switches from using the HTPC input to using the Wii plus the surround sound mode is set to "game". To change back to MP click a button and the HTPC is good to go again :)

Bleazle

Does it have its own IR reciever for the PC or did you use the microsoft MCE Reciever? What remote did you select in MP or are you using something else like LMRemote.

Im using the Snapstream RF remote because its realy easy to setup a application profile for difirent apps using the profile editor that comes with the remote. The only downside is that I have two remote blasters, One to control the TV and another to Control the amp, Then control these devices with LMRemote_Keymap.

Ive been considering the Harmony as I will be able to get rid of the blaster for the AMP and TV but then I lose the fact that its RF so I cant use it when Im outside on the Deck (Or can I?)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it have its own IR reciever for the PC or did you use the microsoft MCE Reciever? What remote did you select in MP or are you using something else like LMRemote.

It doesn't come with an IR receiver so I'm using the MCE one. When setting the remote up all you need to do is select "Computer - Media Centre PC -> Manufacturer = Microsoft -> "Model" type in Windows Media Center (which it lists as an example anyway). That's it :)

...but then I lose the fact that its RF so I cant use it when Im outside on the Deck (Or can I?)

No you can't, the Harmony One doesn't have the RF feature - the Harmony 900 has RF capability but you can't set up your own macros, and the macros are more important to me - I can aim my remote through my ranch slider when I'm on the deck :D

geekiegeek

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,

I have recently added a DVB-S card to my system for SBS. So I now have a Nova-t dual DVB-T and a Nova-s DVB-S. The problem I have is with the EPG. I was using an XMLTV file for freeview but I have now tried combining the DVB-S and DVB-T channels so I can get the EPG (including SBS) from the satelite. This doesnt seem to be working though.

I sometimes get full data for TVNZ and SBS but never TV3, Prime etc - just now and next.

Does anyone have DVB-S and DVB-T freeview with SBS that has a working EPG solution?

I am currently using MP 1.0.2

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe stating the obvious but getting just "now & next" would seem to indicate that Prime & TV3 are getting their EPG data from the Terrestrial Signal, while TNVZ and SBS EPG data is coming from the DVB-S signal. Are the channels combined any differently for Prime/TV3 than for other channels? EPG settings in the config any different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom