Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Welcome! I'm running the Windows 7 codec but have also used PowerDVD in the past. Monogram AAC for audio. I would strongly discourage the use of codecs packs. It's better to only install exactly what you need and nothing else. In most cases I de-register codecs that I don't want to use. That way you know exactly what you've got and what the system is using. What hardware/OS are you running?

So you don't recommend SAF pack?? Interesting . . .. I find SAF works really good.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nope indvidual codecs only. In fact when I used Power DVD codecs I would install powerdvd on test virtual machine copy out the codecs and register them manualy. Yes I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my htpc :) What's in SAF anyway?

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What does everyone use to cut out their commercials from Freeview-HD?

I have a pile stocking up and I'm thinking it might be easier to encode them before cutting? but what to encode them into.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd recommend SAF for people who don't know what they are doing and individual codecs for users who want more custom control. Unfortunately users who don't know what they are doing usually start with heaps of different codecs installed, so the best way forward is to format their system and just use SAF only.

SAF locked uses ffdshow dxva for most things, except if using win7, then win7 codec used for livetv
    SAF unlocked uses ffdshow dxva for most things, except for PDVD10 for livetv

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I wouldnt know where to begin with searching for a solution to my existing problem so Im hoping someone here can help.

A fresh install of W7, only windows updates done, with ac3filter, coreavc and the latest streamedMP with tv series and moving pictures.

Everything works fine except the my videos section on the main menu. I have some network drives setup in the videos folders section of the config but when selecting the menu it sits there for a few seconds and then returns to the main menu. I must have installed MP countless times but never had this problem before.

Am I missing something obvious ?

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Nothing wrong with the network drives that Im aware off. No log errors of any kind that I can find.

I can get into the network drive using explorer to play the video with no problems using VLC/WMP. I wonder if its something basic with the HTPC being W7 and the server XP.

Didnt come across this the last time I tried it though.

Wierd.

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    okay guys, this is a problem that has me baffled.

A mate just bought a new acer revo RL100 with win7 premium installed. I suggested he used MP instead of the Win7 MCE software.

The computer has a built in DVB-T Tuner card and we set up Medie Centre with DVB-T and it works perfectly, when we check the cpu utilization while watching TV on MCE, the cpu is at about 10%. however when we watch the same channel in MP, the CPU maxes out at 100% and everything is jerky, stutters and sound goes out of sync.

MP tunes all the channels perfectly and i have no problems navigating. the HD shows are so bad that the freeze more that they play, SD shows are jerky but most of the time.

I used PDVD 10 Codec and also tried SAF codec pack but different codecs don't seem to make a difference, its as if MP isn't using hardware acceleration of the GPU (NVIDA ION)

is there any reason that you guys can think of why MP whould use so much cpu power while MCE hardly breaks a sweat?

Thanks
    PJ

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is there any reason that you guys can think of why MP whould use so much cpu power while MCE hardly breaks a sweat?

Is he using the Aero enabled theme for Win7, any antivirus or search utilities logging the record temp folders, must be something along those lines.

Regards

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anti virus has been disabled, also viewing from a remote computer it seems fine, so TV server component and streaming to a remote client has no problems, only local rendering seems to be a problem. doesnt seem to make sense that it would be using 100% cpu but MCE can do it so effortless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom