Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've got an urgent problem. After the TV server (in another room) had the power switched off, the TV client in the lounge hang when loading the TV menu. I had to end task. After that MP would hang permanently at "Loading Window Plugins" no matter how many times I rebooted the PC. TV Server is all happily running now.

So I was forced to do an uninstall/reinstall of MP. I selected that I would be watching TV, and I selected MP Client install only during instalaltion. After this, there is no TV in the MP Config. I tried again with same result.

How do I get the TV client installed without installing the TV server at the same time?

Or am I stuck at installing the TV server and disabling it?

I really need to get this done before my wife gets home with the kids.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Never mind about the TV Client. I found it as a separate item to uninstall, and reinstalling resolved that so it now appears in the MP Config. But I have the original problem again where selecting TV from the Home menu just hangs.

I wondered if the skin has become corrupted, and that's what it was. Reinstalled StreamedMP and it's all back working again. What a waste of 3 hours!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hmmm... it's just the skin? Are you running ForTheRecord? I had a similar problem a while ago where MP wouldn't load on my client (also stopped at "Loading Window Plugins") until I disabled 4TR when the HTPC wasn't turned on. I don't think I have that problem now though (but I'm using the latest beta version of 4TR)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not using 4TR. It did appear to be just the skin. Ending the task when hung trying to connect to the TV server must have somewhow corrupted something in the skin.

I'm still getting the installation back to how it was after all this. I can't seem to get the MP Audio Renderer to delay the audio now, although I've put back the correct dshowhelper.dll. I'll get there eventually.

Mark Dyer

March 4, 2012
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello, Looking to chat with some kiwi people who are into using MP and TV Series, If in canterbury even better.. I have some ideas and looking to run past a few people to see what interest there is in a plugin that allows centralized backup storage of media collections. I'm finding that buying multiple drives just to mirror my own collection is getting expensive and would like to find a more effiecent way to do this. contact via here or msn/skype is fine.. :)

justinbyoung

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2010
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a new media streamer/player for the bedroom. The one feature that I have not been able to confirm on the models I have been looking at is the ability to successfully play back FreeviewHD recordings from Mediaportal. I currently have WDTV Live which will not play the 1080i TV3 recordings, or the audio on the TVNZ channels. C4, Prime and the other SD channels do work. Any advice? Ideally I would put a Mediaportal client in there, but again what are peoples experiences with cheap nettop machines at playing back TV3's 1080i video? All the reviews etc online concentrate on 1080p playback.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can anybody comment if there are any plans for MediaPortal to support MHEG-5 for the EPG? I am currently grabbing the EPG via EIT from the DVB-S card in my system and have then combined these with the DVB-T channels, however this seems messy to me and I would much rather grab it from the proper source. Additionally there is a lot more info broadcast with the MHEG-5 data such as channel logos which could possibly be used.

Thanks,

Blair.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't answer your question, but we live in hope. I guess no MP developers who know what they are doing live where MHEG-5 is being used.

I have EPGCollector reading the MHEG-5 data here once a day which creates a TVGuide.xml file which the xmltv plugin reads. But the plugin doesn't read some useful information like program and movie classifications which is a hassle as we have kids. I've brought this up in the relevent forums a few times over the last 4 years but nothing has been done about it.

The plugin also chops off long program descriptions in mid sentence which is annoying.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't answer your question, but we live in hope. I guess no MP developers who know what they are doing live where MHEG-5 is being used.

I have EPGCollector reading the MHEG-5 data here once a day which creates a TVGuide.xml file which the xmltv plugin reads. But the plugin doesn't read some useful information like program and movie classifications which is a hassle as we have kids. I've brought this up in the relevent forums a few times over the last 4 years but nothing has been done about it.

The plugin also chops off long program descriptions in mid sentence which is annoying.

+1 for MHEG5 support.

just saw this thread after posting about MHEG5 support for UK Sky services elsewhere on the forum. Here they use the red button service to deliver loads of interactive content. Would be keen to see this implemented too.

There is an open source project HERE that handles MHEG5 - I'm not much good with coding but would be great if someone had a look to see if that can be used at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom