Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

ireshine

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I haven't post for years,

I have just moved into a new flat and they only have Satellite connection.
But I have been unable to received any signal at all, being Sky scramble channels or Freeview.
I have ask the landlord to check the Satellite if it was working correctly, they sent out
"Northern Signal Solutions"
the guy said there was a signal and the satellite works on 11300khz
That was as much help he could give me.

I ask if they could install a Freeview UHF antenna, but the landlord want me to pay half ($260), so that's not going to happen, yet.

I have tested the HTPC at my in-laws place where they have a skydish and was able to receive Freeview on the 1st try.

1st scan:
Band: Ku-linear - Satellite: Optus D1
I received TV 2 and track side.

2nd Scan
Band: Ku-Circular - Satellite: Optus D1
I recieved the rest, ONE, TV3 ,TV3 plus, C4, etc...
and a lot of sky scrambled channels

Back at home I'm unable to receive anything.

extra info
TV tuner: HVR-4000
Satellite cable splits into 2 rooms
Satellite work on 11300khz ??
Not a skydish
and have tried this method and still don't receive anything.
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=83&topicid=83827

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

kiwi_fella

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have had pretty limited success with the HVR4000 also. the DVB-S aspect fo the card is rubbish....so i just use the DVB-T for now and that works find and use a TeviiII DVB-S card as it can do S2 which seems mroe reliable for switching.

Also check out whether you apartment has one dish for the building or one for each apartment as they often use amplifiers to distribute the signal across the building which could be stuffing up the change instructions from the card.

Also check your tone settings in the LNB settigns as that may be limiting it.

Hope this helps
Brian

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
Anyone using EPG Collector with Mepo

I tried to install and it tells me to stop TV SERVice as it needs to copy over files in use.

Was not brave enough to do it so wondering if anyone has seen it

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have had pretty limited success with the HVR4000 also. the DVB-S aspect fo the card is rubbish....

Just can't let than one go by :) I've used an HVR3000 for years and more recently an HVR4000, In my experience when everything else fails (as it seems to do quite a lot), the one thing I can always rely on is the DVB-S... never had a problem. Also the HVR4000 is an S2 card, the HVR3000 is just as good for NZ purposes.

Anyone using EPG Collector with Mepo
I tried to install and it tells me to stop TV SERVice as it needs to copy over files in use.

I've used EPG Collector for the last 18 months or so and know of a number of other people who use it as well. It's easy and reliable, MP automatically merges it with the guide it gets off satellite for the DVB-S channels such as CUE and SBS. I can't remember it asking to overwrite anything in TV Service but I've since re-installed newer versions of MP and EPG collector still works fine so I don't think it's changing anything much.

Witchgirl

Portal Member
September 11, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
hi, need help please. I just changed to my sky and now my blaster will not work. Can anyone tell me what I need to set the irserver to make it work with the sky box?

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    just a heads up for waikato BOP MPers.. on the freeview site there's the following announcement:
    "Announcement from MED (Ministry of Economic Development): Freeview|HD® (via UHF aerial) viewers in the BAY OF PLENTY or WAIKATO region - there is a planned outage of up to 6 hours on Tues 8 May between 00:01 and 06:00. You will need to retune your Freeview|HD digital TV, Freeview|HD digital receiver or Myfreeview|HD recorder after this outage. For retune instructions, please visit www.retune.co.nz or call 0508 336 633."
    more info at:
    http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-a...l-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking

bummer... more retuning.. I suspect that may bugger up my EPG grabber too :-(

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I found that out the hard way just after midnight. Lost all channels except TV1 from Te Aroha. I don't understand why TV1 is working, TV2 isn't. The frequencies are completely different. Retuning just now.

Whoever looks after the MediaPortal tuning data for the NZ regions will need to update the data for the next release for Tauranga, Hamilton, Waikato.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah same.. only I wasn't even getting TVone... feedback from other people say rotorua shouldn't have been affected, yet I was.. will see if they channels are there tonight when I get home I guess..

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought it may have been sun storms or something because SBS had no signal as well yesterday, but later found out SBS disappeared from Optus D1 on Friday. Now that is disappointing. Even my wife who doesn't watch much TV (as most of it's crap) liked the odd show on SBS.

Installing the sat dish 6 months ago and buying a DVB-S2 card was a waste of money now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom