Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) | Page 432

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by TVKiwi, July 11, 2005.

1. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,845 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @crabbey - thanks for that, will have a look sometime.

PS: as a forum user you have access the edit the wiki yourself to make improvements / fixes, you should be able to use your mp forum login i think.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Been a while. I have a couple of minor quirks going on with the latest itineration of MP {1.16}:
    1) I get 'no data available' on the 2 Bravo channels, & HDTV. I collect the data using EPG Collector off the Waiatarua tower. I have manually chaecked the EPGC logs, & the data is there, but it is not being assimilated into MP. A check of the XMLTV plugin in MPTVServer Config shows green boxes -indicating an exact match- next to these channels, as opposed to white boxes everywhere else. Is this as it should be? Incidentally, both "Shopping Channel" & "yes Channel" have red boxes. these also have 'no data available'. Which channels should they be setup to?
    PS. this was also the case with the earlier 1.15 version.

2) Since updating to MP1.16 Prime no longer advances correctly. It will hang on the video, with the audio continuing, making it out of sync. A quick fast-forward, then playback button presses restores the syncing. Is anyone else having this issue? I have just changed the timeshift folders to an SSDrive. This seems to have improved, but not eliminated it. If anyone needs logs, just let me know. Thanks.

4. Jasmeet_181

Jasmeet_181 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +272 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Last edited: June 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @Jasmeet_181
    Thanks for the reply. I was unaware about the channels shutting down, as I never used them. Just thought it was about time I got rid of the 'no data available' lines. Have removed them. Not sure why previous savings of the XMLTV mappings haven't appeared to work. I now have the EPG data inside MP. Maybe I hadn't pressed 'save' in the mappings area.
    I have installed the dev version of the tsreader.ax file. It now does seek OK. I tried searching using Prime as the main title search, to no avail. Thanks again(y)

6. rocklander
    • Premium Supporter

rocklander MP Donator

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    a mate has asked on FB about what folks use to record and play TV and I responded with media portal (obviously) and decided to see how much my tuner cards cost. I can't see the model (think mine are HVR2200? don't remember exactly, but it's a hauppauge dvb-t dual tuner, got 2 of them).
    so I guess the question is, what are folks using for new builds these days?

7. Timberwolf99

Timberwolf99 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    In Aus here, using a hvr-2215 dual tuner, not superseded by a quad tuner, will run the dual and a quad when I do my final build as my test bench hardware will no run the quad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Timberwolf99

Timberwolf99 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Sorry that was meant to be now superseded.

9. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    [QUOTE ...so I guess the question is, what are folks using for new builds these days?[/QUOTE]

I just increased my tuner cards x2 today. Wanted an Hauppauge internal card, but they don't seem to do a twin version anymore. Not anywhere I can locally find (Auckland). As NZ don't have enough good channels to warrant having 6 tuners, i bought the Hauppauge USB WinTV-DualHD stick. Initial testing seems promising.Doesn't conflict with the HVR-22**. Bought from PBTech as they had a components' sale today for NZ$101.
    The wording in the pamphlet suppied was somewhat misleading. I read it ti say it only supported 2 channels. After mapping the tuners, & disabling the exisiting card's tuners, it played-back TV 1 & 3 in DD.
    Just be aware, I found a bug,relating to channels being deleted from your singleseat server (don't know about NAS) when cancelling current recordings, during testing, in MP1.17.0, which has already been sorted. Top work by the Dev group. The issue & *.dll fix can be found here.

10. rocklander
    • Premium Supporter

rocklander MP Donator

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a nagging distrust of the USB simply because (IME) USB being 'universal' can be assigned to different I/O channels/ports/whatevers.. would kind of live in fear of a random port change at boot up messing with something (like recording etc). dunno.. something comforting about an internal card that I just can't put my finger on.
    am keen to hear how folks' experiences have been with multi channel USB (I currently have 2X twin hauppauge cards [giving me 4 mux] and a cheapie ebay USB for nothing but EPG)

11. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Got really bored, as I'm stuck at home recovering from wrist surgery, so I decided to update my EPG logos for the current stations. Alright quality, but as good as I will do.
    I have only redone the major network logos. I have not touched the religious, Chinese, or regional logos, although they are included in the zip file. Get them here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!