1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) | Page 433

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by TVKiwi, July 11, 2005.

1. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    So far, so good. Not had any [apparent] issues. I don't need 4x {plus extras for the same muxes} recordings very often, so apart from my testing, I haven't noticed any concerns.

One thing I have had to do, as I've been having the odd MP startup hanging, forcing me to cold boot, is to disable Hauppauge TV Server within MS Services. Not sure if this was the casue, but it is possible a conflict between two TvServices was causing issues. Will see in the next days. Anyway, it is saving me memory, as there also PCI & USB capture drivers taking up resources.

Couldn't work out how to install just Hauppauge drivers, as it seems they are now incorporated into the WinTV 8.5 package. Bit of a pain, if you ask me.

Last edited: July 29, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone having issues recording/watching Sky Box Sets in MP 1.17.0? It was working yesterday but today nothing happens when attempting to view it apart from crashing the TV Server.

4. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Never mind, checked it a few hours later and it was working. I guess a Sky issue or the smart card needed an update which it got.

5. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone using a Sky Box or HTPC, and currently able to view Mad Dogs E01 and E02 on Sky Box Sets HD on right now?

I could watch up to the start counter 15, 14, 13, etc, until 6 seconds to go and then it disappears and tuner can't get audio/video. Occurred also when Mad Dogs first aired a few days ago.

6. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess not many are subscribed to this thread any longer. Someone on Geekzone suggested it may be R18 and needs a PIN entered somewhere. It appears it is R18, but I know nothing about pins or where it would need to be configured, in Oscam/Acamd, etc.

7. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,052 / 15
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    More to the point: a vast majority of people are using MediaPortal for Freeview rather than Sky.

Discussion of anything related to those tools is not permitted on this forum. Thanks for your understanding.

8. Klathman

Klathman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My guess is that since it's an r18 show it will require a pin and I've never been able to get past this in mediaportal. I did ring sky and they wouldn't remove the pin requirements for r18 shows on my account.

If there is a way to make it work I'm all ears.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MM, posting here as you are a Kiwi and don't need to bother the main forums. Just wondering has there has been any thought of enabling manual entry of Schedules into the database from TV Server? Or even a separate little app to do that. That would help me out no end.

10. Jasmeet_181

Jasmeet_181 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Perhaps the TvWishList plugin covers what you want to do.

11. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That does sound promising, thanks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!