Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @crabbey - thanks for that, will have a look sometime.

PS: as a forum user you have access the edit the wiki yourself to make improvements / fixes, you should be able to use your mp forum login i think.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Been a while. I have a couple of minor quirks going on with the latest itineration of MP {1.16}:
    1) I get 'no data available' on the 2 Bravo channels, & HDTV. I collect the data using EPG Collector off the Waiatarua tower. I have manually chaecked the EPGC logs, & the data is there, but it is not being assimilated into MP. A check of the XMLTV plugin in MPTVServer Config shows green boxes -indicating an exact match- next to these channels, as opposed to white boxes everywhere else. Is this as it should be? Incidentally, both "Shopping Channel" & "yes Channel" have red boxes. these also have 'no data available'. Which channels should they be setup to?
    PS. this was also the case with the earlier 1.15 version.

2) Since updating to MP1.16 Prime no longer advances correctly. It will hang on the video, with the audio continuing, making it out of sync. A quick fast-forward, then playback button presses restores the syncing. Is anyone else having this issue? I have just changed the timeshift folders to an SSDrive. This seems to have improved, but not eliminated it. If anyone needs logs, just let me know. Thanks.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Last edited:

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Jasmeet_181
    Thanks for the reply. I was unaware about the channels shutting down, as I never used them. Just thought it was about time I got rid of the 'no data available' lines. Have removed them. Not sure why previous savings of the XMLTV mappings haven't appeared to work. I now have the EPG data inside MP. Maybe I hadn't pressed 'save' in the mappings area.
    I have installed the dev version of the tsreader.ax file. It now does seek OK. I tried searching using Prime as the main title search, to no avail. Thanks again(y)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    a mate has asked on FB about what folks use to record and play TV and I responded with media portal (obviously) and decided to see how much my tuner cards cost. I can't see the model (think mine are HVR2200? don't remember exactly, but it's a hauppauge dvb-t dual tuner, got 2 of them).
    so I guess the question is, what are folks using for new builds these days?

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In Aus here, using a hvr-2215 dual tuner, not superseded by a quad tuner, will run the dual and a quad when I do my final build as my test bench hardware will no run the quad.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [QUOTE ...so I guess the question is, what are folks using for new builds these days?[/QUOTE]

I just increased my tuner cards x2 today. Wanted an Hauppauge internal card, but they don't seem to do a twin version anymore. Not anywhere I can locally find (Auckland). As NZ don't have enough good channels to warrant having 6 tuners, i bought the Hauppauge USB WinTV-DualHD stick. Initial testing seems promising.Doesn't conflict with the HVR-22**. Bought from PBTech as they had a components' sale today for NZ$101.
    The wording in the pamphlet suppied was somewhat misleading. I read it ti say it only supported 2 channels. After mapping the tuners, & disabling the exisiting card's tuners, it played-back TV 1 & 3 in DD.
    Just be aware, I found a bug,relating to channels being deleted from your singleseat server (don't know about NAS) when cancelling current recordings, during testing, in MP1.17.0, which has already been sorted. Top work by the Dev group. The issue & *.dll fix can be found here.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a nagging distrust of the USB simply because (IME) USB being 'universal' can be assigned to different I/O channels/ports/whatevers.. would kind of live in fear of a random port change at boot up messing with something (like recording etc). dunno.. something comforting about an internal card that I just can't put my finger on.
    am keen to hear how folks' experiences have been with multi channel USB (I currently have 2X twin hauppauge cards [giving me 4 mux] and a cheapie ebay USB for nothing but EPG)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got really bored, as I'm stuck at home recovering from wrist surgery, so I decided to update my EPG logos for the current stations. Alright quality, but as good as I will do.
    I have only redone the major network logos. I have not touched the religious, Chinese, or regional logos, although they are included in the zip file. Get them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom