Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (10 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV 3 + 1 was also doing bizarre stuff a moment ago. Looked like resolution was 320x200 - ridiculously blocky. I think people are twiddling knobs... :)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I still had problems at 600 and I'm at 800ms. Now it works most of the time but sometimes needs the odd seek to get it working.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I still had problems at 600 and I'm at 800ms. Now it works most of the time but sometimes needs the odd seek to get it working.
    Cool.
    I note that I checked the bandwidth on the Mediaworks mux last night, and it was running at ~13 Mbps. TV 3 had about 10 Mbps; the other 4 channels had about 0.5 Mbps each. No wonder it looked so terrible! ;)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    this has become an issue again for me now too.. weirdly ChoiceTV is okay, but Prime never catches up and leaves a blank (black) screen. it only seems to be in the last couple of days (tried watching the pink floyd doco last night and couldn't).
    I pushed out the delay further (was set at 250) trying 300 500 and 800 and still no joy... but it's odd that a) it's only Prime and not ChoiceTV and also b) was fine on Prime up until this last week...

whilst I can appreciate stating that it's "not an MP issue" I have to question why this issue appears on MP, but not on normal TV (the tuner in the unit) and I suspect sky box and freeview boxes alike. MP may not be "at fault" but other receivers seem to be configured such that they handle the delay fine... so that kinda points at MP.

Last edited:

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think PRIME have made [another] change to their encoding. I have no buffer configured, and PRIME picture won't even start for me tonight. That is a change from last night.

[edit: with LAV, even 600 ms wouldn't make PRIME start... but flick to Cyberlink PDVD 10 codec and all is fine]
    [edit2: Maori TV also seems to be problematic with LAV tonight]

I've got PDVD installed, but can only seem to change the mpeg2 codec, not the H264 (not showing in the list). did you change the h264 one? if so, any clues on how to get it to show as available?
    I changed the mpeg2 one and still no joy on prime.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    no idea if it's of any value, but the recordings wont playback either, yet if I open the recorded MKV in Media Player Classic it plays fine. :unsure:

Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Would that be because they use some larger buffering? Only the MP gods may know. Perhaps a developer needs a short recording so they can debug the problem.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Problem! I exported all configuration/settings to a file so I could find/replace a setting on some TV channels in Notepad. I deleted all TV & radio channels, and imported again. Everything is fine except the Schedules which I cannot access in the TV Server Setup. I click Schedules and the Schedules page never appears. I can't start any recordings either, but can watch TV.

It appears I need to delete the schedules and start again. What can I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom