Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great! All we need now are some decent programmes on the channels you can now receive!

rb99

Portal Member
    December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now that you mention it I think I remember one a while ago, summer of 2013 was it...

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone else using EPG Collector and not getting any EPG for TVNZ 1 for the whole week. The first item found for TVNZ 1 is on Saturday June 2 using MHEG5 from DVB-T. EPG for all other freeview channels are there including TVNZ 1+1. I've just switched to receiving TV1 EPG from satellite and that's working but very strange.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The same issue occurred with TVNZ 2 a few days later. The TVNZ 2 EPG from DVB-T only exists for the next 2 days. I can't switch to the Freeview Satellite EPG for this channel because it's ID number is identical to Sky Sport 4 HD (1201) and EPG Collector can't differentiate between them, so I've had to switch to Sky's EPG for TVNZ 2 HD. What a pain.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This isn't quite related to the freeview EPG problems but a couple of weeks ago Sky started upgrading their MPEG-2 SD channels to MPEG-4 H-264 SD and in the process, their EPG data has changed in some way that is preventing MediaPortal from reading the EIT EPG data. The data is there as EPG Collector can read it perfectly fine on all channels regardless of MPEG-2 or 4. Are the MediaPortal developers interested in fixing this?

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If it's just a switch to OpenTV like the Geekzone thread says, mm1352000 has done a lot of work to add support for TVE3.5 already.
    I've been working on OpenTV EPG support for TVE 3.5 over the last few months. I can't say that all the features from the grabber will be included, because I've never used the grabber...
    The code that I've written handles:
    • EPG data
    • Sky and Freesat channel numbers
    • SD/HD channel number swaps
    • Sky and Freesat region selection
    • Sky and Freesat channel groups/categories
    • channel adding and moving [as part of scanning]

@Owlsroost I think that Freeview NZ's EIT EPG is using the same Huffman tables same as in the UK. Assuming that it is, would it be relatively easy to make it decodable, like adding the Network ID (a search says 8746) to epgDecoder's CanDecodeNetworkOrPID?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Those comments appear to be from 2 years ago and it doesn't work in the latest TV Server 1.19.0.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    MP 1.19.0 comes with TV Server/TVE3, which has been in a code freeze since at least 1.6.0, while TVE3.5 is being developed. I suggest that you read this thread if haven't already done so.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I think that Freeview NZ's EIT EPG is using the same Huffman tables same as in the UK. Assuming that it is, would it be relatively easy to make it decodable, like adding the Network ID (a search says 8746) to epgDecoder's CanDecodeNetworkOrPID?

I'm doing that now (for TVE3) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom