Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

Biggles69

Portal Member
April 7, 2008
Nelson
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has any one got a decent config for ComSkip that works for TV3 (DVB-S) & also works for TV2 (DVB-S)
On TV2 i'm getting the last seconds of the program cut before the adbreak starts which doesn't meet WAF & TV3 only works some times & most of the time only seems to only skip the first ad?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has any one got a decent config for ComSkip that works for TV3 (DVB-S) & also works for TV2 (DVB-S)
On TV2 i'm getting the last seconds of the program cut before the adbreak starts which doesn't meet WAF & TV3 only works some times & most of the time only seems to only skip the first ad?

I use this: --playnice "{0}"

it works great 90% of the time - I wouldn't be without it (that's why it's in my signature :D ). It sounds like you're using the option in MP to automatically skip adds if comskip is enabled (or whatever the wording is)?. I don't use that because for the odd occasion comskip gets it wrong it makes it harder to get to the right place in the recording. Disable that option and just use the chapter button on your remote.

FYI: ForTheRecord will soon be supporting: "show time played when clicking the chapter button (when using comskip)" which will be great for when you skip the ads and it seems like you've missed something, but you usually haven't!...

Hope that helps

Dave

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hahah, I have also looked for the perfect conskip file... Just gave up and kept with the origional.. All I wanted was some thing with strong logo detection rules but no settings for this, settings for everything else though... Any one?

Hey Bleazle I think he was referring to a good comskip.ini file... By chance do you have an altered one or are you just using the standard. Thanks

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...Hey Bleazle I think he was referring to a good comskip.ini file... By chance do you have an altered one or are you just using the standard. Thanks

I'm using Comskip V 1.4.6.0 = comskip80_007.zip downloaded from: Directory Listing of /files/ with the above settings. Works well for me (DVB-S and Prime through PVR150). I tend to find the beginning of a programme manually and then use Comskip. It's not perfect but at a guess I'd say it gets 8 out of 10 programmes 100% right which is great - it's a long time since I've sat through an ad break :) My wife is hopeless with the remote though and if Comskip gets it wrong she'll go backwards and forwards for half an hour (seems like it anyway) to find the right place :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't have that problem though....

Bleazle

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've never used ComSkip as I thought it didn't work here. Will it work for Freevew HD as well? Does it just guess where the ads start and finish based on audio volume and image changes or something like that?

Ross.

shacknasty

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yep it can see when the channel logo disappears amongst other methods.

was actually wondering about how to make media portal automatically reduce the volume during adverts, maybe using comskip. its so frustrating how the ad's here are so much louder than the tv shows.

weird, tonight all tv channels are working perfectly...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess they're probably better it's just that I haven't bothered to update it... I'll try a newer version when I've finished "playing around" with the BleazleWide skin and I've got a bit of spare time on my hands....

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been doing some investigation and apparently current CPU's are not fast enough to handle H.264 HD content in real-time. It requires about 3 hours to process a one hour recording. Oh, well.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been doing some investigation and apparently current CPU's are not fast enough to handle H.264 HD content in real-time. It requires about 3 hours to process a one hour recording. Oh, well.

No worries - just install ForTheRecord (you'll wish you'd done it sooner!) and tell it to run Comskip when everyone's asleep :D that's what I do :)

Re: ForTheRecord If you're sick of getting "manual" recordings because a programme you record every week has started or finished 5 minutes early then FTR is for you - you never get "manual" recordings plus the recording options are awesome - You can do things like tell it to record any show that XYZ actor is in and it will - automatically! How cool is that??

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom