Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FYI: ForTheRecord will soon be supporting: "show time played when clicking the chapter button (when using comskip)" which will be great for when you skip the ads and it seems like you've missed something, but you usually haven't!...

ForTheRecord 1.4 Beta 3 got released today (in the beta forum if you're a donator) which supports this.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah 4TR is really good.. I'm using 1.4Beta 3 as well and it is very stable. Sadly it is not so stable under streamedMP but works great under Blue3Wide...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah 4TR is really good.. I'm using 1.4Beta 3 as well and it is very stable. Sadly it is not so stable under streamedMP but works great under Blue3Wide...

FTR 1.4 is supported by BleazleWide V7 but if you're into the StreamedMp (and Blue3Wide?? :eek: :D ) look BleazleWide won't be to your taste.

Damn work is getting in the way of doing stuff on the MediaPortal system today so I haven't had a chance to grab FTR 1.4Beta 3 yet :rolleyes:

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah your skin is pretty cool... If it has support for the latest MediaSlayer, might look into it again.. Thanks..

And yeah I can't stand Blue3Wide.... Don't tell the skinners..

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What's MediaSlayer like to use? once click sort of stuff? I see that it's supported by B3W so it'll be easy to support it in BW7.

Can anyone recommend a good CD/DVD burning plugin for MP? Personally I think the built in one is crap :rolleyes: This is the one feature that I can remember from the days when I was using MediaCentre that is better than it is in MediaPortal...

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Hey Bleazle I think he was referring to a good comskip.ini file... By chance do you have an altered one or are you just using the standard. Thanks

I'm using Comskip V 1.4.6.0 = comskip80_007.zip downloaded from: Directory Listing of /files/ with the above settings. Works well for me (DVB-S and Prime through PVR150). I tend to find the beginning of a programme manually and then use Comskip. It's not perfect but at a guess I'd say it gets 8 out of 10 programmes 100% right which is great - it's a long time since I've sat through an ad break :) My wife is hopeless with the remote though and if Comskip gets it wrong she'll go backwards and forwards for half an hour (seems like it anyway) to find the right place :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't have that problem though....

Bleazle
    You guys using Comskip, are you using it in a Multiseat situation (eg seperate machine for server and client(s))?
    Ive tried it before and just couldn't get it to work. Comskip would run, create the necessary files etc but clicking skip on the remote just did nothing.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You guys using Comskip, are you using it in a Multiseat situation (eg seperate machine for server and client(s))?
    Ive tried it before and just couldn't get it to work. Comskip would run, create the necessary files etc but clicking skip on the remote just did nothing.
    Yeah I think that's because multi-seat uses an network rtsp stream whereas single seat reads the files off the disk and when it does it finds the comskip file in the same location as the recording. So I guess the feature has not been implemented.

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has any one got a decent config for ComSkip that works for TV3 (DVB-S) & also works for TV2 (DVB-S)
    On TV2 i'm getting the last seconds of the program cut before the adbreak starts which doesn't meet WAF & TV3 only works some times & most of the time only seems to only skip the first ad?

I use this: --playnice "{0}"

it works great 90% of the time - I wouldn't be without it (that's why it's in my signature :D ). It sounds like you're using the option in MP to automatically skip adds if comskip is enabled (or whatever the wording is)?. I don't use that because for the odd occasion comskip gets it wrong it makes it harder to get to the right place in the recording. Disable that option and just use the chapter button on your remote.

FYI: ForTheRecord will soon be supporting: "show time played when clicking the chapter button (when using comskip)" which will be great for when you skip the ads and it seems like you've missed something, but you usually haven't!...

Hope that helps

Dave

Thanks, i was already using play nice, but turning off the auto skip & just using the chapter skip to bypass ads passed the WAF ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom