Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thesystemera, I purchased my HTPC from you! If you come up with a solution then please let me know. I've only got EPG until Thursday night.

Cheers,
    Ross.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Ross.... Yip we are all in the same boat... I've had some success with extracting the guide from the DVB-EPG in 1.1rc1...

Seems to work for the FreeviewHD but sadly no SKY data... I imagine we are all looking in to this with great urgency lol :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good news... Using this application in conjunction with 4TR has lead me to some success, including SKY content.. I don't believe it is 7 days though.... Could be wrong...

With the EPG transferred via FreeviewHD there is supposedly a 14 day EPG, would love to get hold of that.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It takes about 10 minutes to run but does appear to create a TVGuide.xml that works in MP.

I will miss the BBC World listings not being merged into TV1's early hours as done by epg.pvr.geek.nz. This was very useful for me as I record "Click" and some other programs, and don't have Sky. Being a software developer I may try to write a program to take care of this.

Pommedan

Portal Member
    March 30, 2009
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can confirm it works in MP 1.0 Final (newer versions i would presume to be ok as well) - i added the xmltv.dtd file created from mentalindustries epg freeviewnz i was using previously, into the same folder as the newly created djkxml tvguide.xml before importing and mapping channels. Im not sure if this made any difference as i didnt try it without this file.

However i have just noticed that ive lost sundays and mondays epg next week which i did have this morning. Ill check into it

i just updated again and got sundays epg back - not sure what happened. will see how it goes during the week

Pommedan

Portal Member
    March 30, 2009
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok. i had problems with times/days in the tvguide being out of sync etc which made the guide fairly useless. however i stumbled onto Anybody notice that the epg.geek epg listings are not available now? which rvangelder has a link to a zip file which scrapes the official freeview epg dvb-t source. the output xml is named something like freeview.xml (so the name needs to be changed to tvguide.xml i think) Times and dates in the tvguide seem to be ok and has scraped up to next tues - 7days

however it does not do sky content

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Really? That's a big shame. I haven't actually tried it yet as I don't want to loose the BBC World programs in the TV1 listings while I've still got them. I was gearing up to change over on Thursday. What sort of time issues are you having? Some or all programs listed on the wrong days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom