Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey Pommedan can't say I have noticed any issues with DJKXML... What exactly have you noticed...

Pommedan

Portal Member
March 30, 2009
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You could give it a go. It seemed to be out by 12 hours or 13 hours behind i think. i.e coronation st was on wednesday at 8:30 am. I had a play around with the cache.txt file in the folder but to no avail. The djkxml grabber scrapes the epg from telstraclears tvguide website, however i checked this and all the times are correct so its probably something to do with the program itself/or my pc????.

I also noticed that Compatible (Freeview only) data that was on epg.pvr.geek.nz is now being hosted at Index of /

Hey Pommedan can't say I have noticed any issues with DJKXML... What exactly have you noticed...

as above, just a problem with the time and date. It could well be my PC/me messing round with files etc.. thats stuffed mine up

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the TVServer/Xml Tv config, try unchecking "Apply timezone compensation when loading txguide.xml". Let me know if that helps.

Since I only have Freeview I've decided to go with http://vangelder.orcon.net.nz/files/FreeviewToXMLTV.zip to create the xml file for importing.

This xml file has the program ratings such as PGR and AO, as well as whether the program is in HD or SD, and I would like this to show both of these in MP if possible. As we have children my wife & I have missed the program ratings since changing from a freeview receiver to MP.

I see in the TV server config / General Settings / EPG tab that you can set various information including %CLASSIFICATION%, but this is always blank. Any ideas?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think I answered my own question with some hours of investigation. It is the skin that determines what information is displayed, and I found out how to modify the necessary file (mytvguide.xml) so that a #TV.Guide.Classification label is displayed on the screen. However, this field is blank. This may need some MP experts to figure out.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I believe it works fine provided you configure a -13 hour time zone compensation in the XmlTv plugin in TVServer Config. Unfortunately this will likely need changing to -12 hours after daylight savings changes back which could be a hassle every 6 months when everyone forgets. It appears MP defaults to GMT time or something like that.

I've checked the xml differences and it's missing a +1300 in the time of each program. eg. the other xml files have this...
    programme start="20100318233000 +1300", whereas DJKXML has
    programme start="201003182330"

It could be worth contacting the DJKXML author if possible and mention that it's being used for MediaPortal and it needs the current time zone specified such as above. I don't think this change will affect GBPVR users.

I'm personally only using it to grab the BBC World listing, and I've written a program to merge it with the FreeviewToXMLTV xml file so I can have BBC World listings for TV1. I just got this working yesterday. To get it to work I had to add a routine to add "+1300" to every start and stop time.

bttmnz

Portal Member
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i am now using djkxml no time zone compensation and all looks good in 4the record mp 1.1rc win 7 streamedmp just had to write a simple .bat file to start it grabbing in task scheduler then move the guide to the right place

plotto

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    AKL
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HI,

I am trying to get the TV Show Logos (Such as Flash Forward and the likes) to show up in the TV Guide. I have placed the PNG Logos in the Thumbs/TV/Shows File but they dont show up.
    Anyone able to help

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been using reven's great little app for years now and it's still working great even though he appears to have received a nice little letter from SKY and has since disabled all sorts of stuff. But I'm guessing my EPG may stop working in the near future...

Anyone got any ideas on how we could get MP to get the EPG data from the DVB-T stream just like it does with the DVB-S transmission????

I remember doing some reading a while back and finding that Freeview sent out the EPG in MHEG-5 format.... Nothing I can technically do to make it work but hoping with a bit of anticipated demand for a solution that maybe someone will have a crack at getting it working???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom