Can I make my own personal mods (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now i have some xml's modded for my on look. So after the update my look is off. Can i make my changes and mods in a new xml file and than for example add this with import in videoosd.xml ? And the same with other xml files, like tvosd.xml like in basichome.xml ? So all code was there i must only import it in the right xml !

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think what you want is covered in Themes, if you want your own Mod then you can create a skin theme and then select that from the list of Themes. See MediaPortal wiki for more information.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So for understanding. I have a code to add icons,logos and text to the VideoOSD when a record is running. Only this one i can add in my theme, and when i select them i have this record showen ? And all other things are from the main skin ?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can modify the original xml with your custom mods then add that new xml file into your theme, MP will automatically use any xmls it finds in the theme folder in preference to the ones included with the skins. If an xml or image is not found in the theme folder it will use the original file from the skin. You can add your changes via entering them directly into the xml or via the import function.[DOUBLEPOST=1363367880][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So for understanding. I have a code to add icons,logos and text to the VideoOSD when a record is running. Only this one i can add in my theme, and when i select them i have this record showen ? And all other things are from the main skin ?
    Yes,

The best way to understand how themes work is to just download someone else's theme and look at the files.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK i have made my on mod, all works fine for now, but two problems, i have other homebuttons and other mediainfo graphical logos, all is in the right folder structur in my mod, but i have the old on... Is there a way to change them over the theme to ?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do this, i let clear the cache with the editor... And select my theme in Gui Settings of my skin..

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Guys ,
    maybe I can help a little with explain about Themes section , as I see many users still not get it 100% :)

the all point of the themes section is to use your favorite skin , with a mod you like or wont ... WITHOUT editing or even tuch the original skin xml.
    if you do it right will be more easy for you , and this also let you shear your mod with other users easly .

the right way to do it is very simple , All your mod need to be in the Themes main folder ,noting need to be down in the original xml's file or in the media (GFX images) folder .

so, to start you better create a main folder (name it as your mod name let say "MyMod)) in the main Themes folder , in this new folder you will have all your moded xml's files , also in this folder you mack one more folder for all GFX images with all your new logos,buttons..... this folder name is Media . and that it ... ;)

to be more clear , you are macking a small skin in the all main skin . and it will look like that in the Main Themes folder...
    ..../Themes/"MyMod"/Media
    /all xml's files
    all the red color ,is your mod ..... :)

and then if you like to shear your mod, you just post your main "MyMod" folder , and all others users have to do is just put this folder in there Themes folder skin ,and select it from setting GUI ....

As I said notting to do in main skin at all.

Edit: add screenshots. (better then word's)

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
      0001.jpg
      71.6 KB
    • 0002.jpg
      0002.jpg
      78.2 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are some (not many) graphical elements that actually require you to manually delete the cache folder, eg. the basic home sub-menu panel in the titan skin, if you theme that you have to delete the cache folder.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Kiwi,
    well , not on first install a mod .... But you right, just to be safe is better to clear the Cache skin folder ... ;)
    (I delete my remarks about it ,in last post..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom