Can't enter Mediaportal TV Server Configuration after adding Slave Server (1 Viewer)

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I gave a heads up to the devs in IRC, but they said they wouldn't look at it until the single-seat server was good. It’s too bad, because I read that it's bad to run 2 bda sources on the same machine. I have DVB-S In one machine and ATSC HDTV in the other so I have to change rooms if I want to watch HDTV.

I read another post where someone had 2 BDA cards in their computer but channel changes were funky.

Oh well, MP kicks @$$ anyway. It will work in the future. I can wait.

Krazer

Portal Member
May 16, 2007
Bug located

Located the bug. It is in the tvservice init, seems you cannot set an object to null if the object has never been instantiated (which causes and exception). The problem only occurs when a slave server has been added and actually keeps the master server from initializing and therefore will not respond to the configuration dialog. For those industrious, remark out the following code in the TVservice\TvController.cs:

line 388: // tvcard.Card = null;

I am trying to find out how to get this update to the trunk for the nightly builds. Never worked on this project before so not sure how they handle patches, just had the same problem figured I would look into it.

Krazer

Portal Member
May 16, 2007
Just got a response on the patch, it shows accepted and in CVS so it should be in the next nightly build.

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
I checked it and sure enough I get the config! Big thanks for the fix!

However, I havn't yet been able to play tv after master/slave config. am I missing something?

Krazer

Portal Member
May 16, 2007
Not missing something, tvserver is.

Yea,

Same problem here but havent had the time to look at it. Tried a few days ago but the stupid remoting was erroring out with no clue as to why, one call would work and another would fail. I will try to take a look at this weekend if possible, I think there was something wrong with the snapshot of the code I had, also going to rebuild my database it might help. Still trying to get use to how they do things, not to mention I dont like C# that much.

Later,
Krazer

Krazer

Portal Member
May 16, 2007
Timeshifting

Finally got timeshifting working (small bug from cut\paste error) but still not showing to the screen. Looks as though when they tell the server to timeshift they give it a local file for the tvserver example (c:\MediaPortal\TVserver\TSfile0.ts). If the server is running on the same tool as the client this is no problem but of course in this case they are different machines and the file doesn't exist on the client only on the server. I thought they streamed them but guess not.

Going to have to dig into the My TV client plugin and see how that thing works, actually got to find the code first (project too big :( ). Going to take a little while to fix I think, most of the time hunting for the code.

Thanks,
Krazer

Krazer

Portal Member
May 16, 2007
Timeshift was it

Ok,

The timeshift problem actually fixed it, you just need to change a configuration entry to get it working past that. I put in a patch request to fix the timeshift bug (1734436). As soon as that is added to the trunk all you then need do is the following:

1. Open SetupTv
2. Goto Recording, then Recording folders tab
3. Set the Recording and Timeshift folder to a shared network resource that both machines have access to. Can be a shared folder on the client, server, or some completely random network share. In my case the server ex: \\"server name"\tv
4. Make sure you do this for each card using the Card drop down list to change cards.

Good luck,
Krazer

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Something else that can cause the best part of the TV Server Config to disappear is having a bad file in the tuningparamters folder

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
Not fixed for me

Using the latest and greatest of everything, creating a UNC - and giving permissions to the machine accounts on NTFS and Share, MP freazes when requesting any channel on any client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom