Can't enter Mediaportal TV Server Configuration after adding Slave Server (1 Viewer)

silverlining

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
By the way - the simple fix for the 'production master' to get it running again was to remove the new/offending records in the Card table of TvLibrary. I use phpmyadmin to do this in the web interface to avoid messing with sql queries.

At least it's not hard to reverse the damage.

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
i had some spare time today, so i tried something

here is the result (after some fixing of minor bugs in the tv card handler)

EDIT: attached the changed files - hopefully one of the devs can make the changes

Attachments

• master-slave.jpg
    master-slave.jpg
    339.4 KB

netrom

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Does this mean that you got master/slave config to work as it should, or is it only the GUI you have fixed?

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've given these changes a go and seems to fix all the problems in the setup gui in terms of configuring servers, cards and channels. :D

However, there's still problems in the client plugin, I can view a channel from the master server but if I try to view a channel from the slave, it says that the channel is not mapped to a card, which sounds like it's asking the master to tune the channel rather than the slave.

I also noticed that in the setup gui on the master server in the manual control section I was not able to start timeshifting one of the slave server channels, however on the slave I was able to timeshift it's own channels and start timeshifting channels on the master.

:D again for getting the ball rolling with this...

peely

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Olney, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Does anyone know if this has been applied yet?

I'd like to be able to switch my HTPC off at night and use a single tuner card in my media server to record when the HTPC is off. By the sound of it, this feature still doesn't work?

Neil.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

EDIT: attached the changed files - hopefully one of the devs can make the changes

[HI
    Can you create a diff file with tourtoise so I can aply your changes to the last SVN?
    Or tell me the lines that you have change?

Thanks!

vertiger

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

[HI
    Can you create a diff file with tourtoise so I can aply your changes to the last SVN?
    Or tell me the lines that you have change?

Thanks!

do know how to make a diff file with tortoise

here are the patched files for the current svn

i have noticed that they have changed some small thing about the card handler ...

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi. I am joining this thread, can anyone help with a compiled version of TV server for me?
    I have 17406 and can't get the slave server to connect.
    Slave (sovrum) log:
    [1]: Exception :confused:ystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Master (skafferiet) log says: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:skafferiet (!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom