Can't enter Mediaportal TV Server Configuration after adding Slave Server (1 Viewer)

P-Ray

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
so you actually DID it. since i am not into programming i thought that was esoteric stuff that aliens from outerspace might understand ;)

that means that this i s a no-go for me then. :(

wbr

P-Ray

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm so happy to see that finally there's some progress on this functionality. When will this patch be applied to the public SVN builds? I can't wait to start testing this.

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
there is some work that needs to be done:
the whole remote management of the tv-cards has some bugs (so these sections do not work right: tv channels and manual control) - this patch only fix one symptom of these bugs

i think none of the devs is interested in this feature - :(

every sad

P-Ray

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
damn. so this means i have to continue my search for the holy grail of HTPC software. i thought MP would be it, but i was wrong. my journey will go on.

maybe i will stop by again in some years when (working) client/server functions have been added.

wbr

P-Ray

StaticMan

Portal Pro
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I wish they'd put an option in the Client to easily switch between separate servers, then I would have to worry about trying to get this working (And testing every SVN that comes out).

Developers,
Any chance of this making it into the SVN?

Abakai

November 15, 2007
Home Country
France France
I'm joining the cause : this is one of the most interesting feature of media portal !

For those who made it works with 2 servers ( master & slave), when using the client:
are you able to watch the channels coming from the 2 sources ?
are you able to record videos from the 2 sources ?

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm joining the cause : this is one of the most interesting feature of media portal !

For those who made it works with 2 servers ( master & slave), when using the client:
are you able to watch the channels coming from the 2 sources ?
Nope
[/QUOTE]are you able to record videos from the 2 sources ?[/QUOTE]
Nope

It seems the whole system with master/slave doest work. As seen in previous posts, we can get the configuration to show correctly, but after configuring, the clients would freeze.

I posted on this almost a year ago, and there was even a great suggestion to add a button to change TV server in the TV plug-in. IGNORED!

I wish they would remove the statement "master/slave server" in SVN posts, and all over the MP website, because it don't work, it wont work any time soon, and there are no efforts put on it. There isn't even effort to remove master/slave server bragging! No effort - none - zip -zilch.

So.... ya'all need to go buy a server with 7 pci & 4 PCI Express slots. Then run all your cables to that server in your basement, and run TV server from there. OR www.mythtv.com has a WORKING model of master/slave.

silverlining

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
I'm getting the same error as the 2006 post

I too was very much looking forward to the master/slave approach and the software "appears" to have the features. It worked for about 5 minutes, insofar as the master config showed both tuners, then the master crashed, and would never run again - same error as the top of this thread.

My reason for doing this is that i have a pvr 150 and a pchdtv3000. The pchdtv3000 will not work in the master machine due to some odd driver conflict that will bounce the box instantly if the hd-3000 drivers are loaded. The hd-3000 drivers work fine in another machine, so I figured why not!

Anyway I would like to add my voice to the list -- this is one of the most interesting features claimed by the docs, and it would be very nice to have working.

Downzy

Portal Pro
January 5, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
G'day. I just got around to trying out the Master/Slave stuff and ran into the same problem. It's a shame that it's not working as it would be a great feature to have. I hope it can get sorted out some time soon - until then I'll just play around with one server :)

If someone is looking at this, I'd be happy to test.

Cheers,
Downzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom