CD-Rom rotate slower (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

I need a plugin for my DVD-Drive to rotate slower and make not so much noise...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    gabbe said:
    No need for a plugin. Just install Nero DriveSpeed and adjust the speed.
    /gabbe

I'm using that same Nero DriveSpeed but sometimes it seems like it can't remember it's speed settings. Mainly this happens when DVD is changed to CD or CD to DVD.

A

Anonymous

Seems to me that DriveSpeed is more up-to-date, Drivespeed is also Free.
    I've been using DriveSpeed without problems.

kenman4

April 8, 2005
    I have exactly the same problem as tourettes with Nero DriveSpeed, all settings are lost when I switch from a DVD to a CD or a CD to DVD. Moreover, when I switch off the computer (or hibernate mode), the spin down time go to 32s even if I previously set it to 125ms.
    Neverthless, when I read a DVDvideo I never have any noise troubles even if settings are set to maximum speed. The problem is available only with Xvid on CD or DVD!

I have a NEC3520A and last DriveSpeed version 3.0

Please help.....

kenman4

April 8, 2005
    arrrrgghhhh!
    I have the same problem with CD Bremse, nevertheless it seems to be more stable than DriveSpeed. But sometimes, it looses DVD speed, and even if I reload it, the problem remains!
    ... still under investigation...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, maybe you have a certain problem with your PC loosing Data, keeping Registry open or shutdown unclean?

A 1st workaround could be to make a batchfile (eg. setspeed.cmd) where you import a *.reg file containing the drive-speed-settings and after that start your drive tool. Finally you put this file into autostart-menu..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom