Change fading time? (1 Viewer)

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Hi,

where can i change the time between fading in/out new pictures?

It´s too fast .....

Is there an option to load a random picture on every access?

Oliver

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Ah sorry....... my fault bad writing.......
I´m not talking about the Pictures function from media portal.

I mean the changing pictures which are shown from amped skin. i.e. when you are in the menu "tv" and so on..........
I also try to find the place where those pictures are stored.
Target is to modify it for my needs..........

Thanks for that fast answer!

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Olli123 - from what you said
    i.e. when you are in the menu "tv" and so on.
    I assume you mean in the aMPed Basic Home menu? Which layout are you using? Default (revaMPed)?

joEhSuper (thx for the enthusiastic reply! :)) might be right - if you are using fanart backdrops then the settings in Fanart Handler plugin apply.
    I think the default uses multi-images in which case you will need to modify the BasicHome.xml. If you are comfortable doing that make sure you also change the default copy in the
    ...\MediaPortal\skin\aMPed\Layouts\BasicHome\ folder (for the layout you use).

For info about the location of images see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../4_Skins/aMPed/Customization/Custom_Backdrops and for other customizations for Basic Home see: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ions/4_Skins/aMPed/Basic_Home_Editor/revaMPed (if you are using revaMPed layout)

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    Yes thanks........... It was a fast post before knowing details of it.

I switch over to Fanart Handler Backdrops so it was easy for me to change the times inside fanart.
    As i noticed for making changes in details you need to go inside those xml files.

Anyway i setup a nice looking layout for me.

Two things are left, First is quiet petty but annoying me every time -> When going back from any menu into the home view it starts all the time with the same backdrop. I use fanart TV-Series backdrops. After that first initial backdrops it´s going randomly through all other fanart. But the first picture is always the same.......... Where do i have to look for it? Fanart Handler or Skin? Is there a fast fix for it?

Second is to change the already viewed color to another more different one? .............. it´s hard to see the difference for me.
    EDIT: Found this already!

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good work!
    After that first initial backdrops it´s going randomly through all other fanart. But the first picture is always the same.......... Where do i have to look for it? Fanart Handler or Skin? Is there a fast fix for it?
    Can you post a screenshot which image it returns to? IIRC Fanart Handler does that but just to check. Is it the same image every time you reload MP? Or just every time you return to main menu (Basic Home)?.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Fanart Handler or Skin?
    Select different skins and check. If the behavior is repeated a problem in the plug, if not in the skins. I'm on the skins of the titan did not notice.

Users who are viewing this thread