Frenchy2k1

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Bay Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For the MSSQL TCP port problem see: MP TV-Client for dummies

thank you for the answer now it's OK for MSSQL:D

Do you mean that it connects OK or that it also changes channels OK?
If this is the 2nd one, I'll have to switch back to MSSQL... :mad:

And by change channels OK, we mean that you can change channels AND the change shows up immediately in the stream. The problem we have is that the stream restarts from the beginning when we do that (as in, plays ALL the old channel first and then the new changed channel).

pctetra

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
France France
No it's only ok for MSSQL, no changing channel,
it's because i prefer use MSSQL, i never find solution before
I wait the solution for changing channel :oops:

Phunky

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
I've started to get it working again and it does change the channel on the stream but the timeshift starts all over again from the start as describe elsewhere in this thread.

Is there anyway around this?!

pctetra

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
France France
Today I have tested the RC3, not surprise it does not work, no change channel.
it does not matter, is it so important, after all the RC2 with mptvclient works very well :p

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    When

RemoteControl.Instance.StopTimeShifting(ref me);

is called in the ServerInterface it returns false, which means something went wrong... If you close VLC, the server continues to timeshift. I think this is the problem for repeating the timeshift buffer before switching the channel as well. As a cumbersome workaround: close vlc and try to start the same channel again. You'll receive a no audio video detected error but after that the server stops streaming. Then start another channel.

Maybe a developer could look into this. I only have the VC# express edition and it seems that I can't debug a service. The problem must be somewhere in the StopTimeShifting-Method in TVServer.
    Keep up the great work!

cheers,
    Michael

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same problem and I use MYSQL, I tried to install MS-QL but I had always "Port 554 RTSP Streaming failed", so I reinstalled MYSQL. If anyone has ever had this problem and the solution thank you

I have that problem too ever fix it ... i set port 1433 .

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, i am on a business (as usual in the last weeks / months :() so i can't test it but could someone try to replace the tvserver dlls (all dll's in the MPTvClient package) with the ones from RC3? Chances are that this is all to get it working again. Please report your findings. :D

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can connect to EPG database, but just after EPG is loaded, I get this error:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TvControl.CardType TvControl.VirtualCard.get_Type()'.
    at MPTvClient.ServerInterface.GetStreamingStatus()
    at MPTvClient.frmMain.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I can continue or quit... but after going on, I get same message once again.

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread