Changing Channel? (3 Viewers)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
worked perfectly for me on xp32bit :D

tried it on a xp64bit workstation and had the same issues as other has mentioned on vista...

slinkybob

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Where would i find the binary

Just uploaded a new binary (v1.3.2).
The timeshifting issue should be fixed now :)

I have to say great bit of software by the way.... its probably just me but where will i find the binary for 1.3.2, i've got the same issue with the stream not stopping... thanks

RobAnt

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having this problem. I am using a Windows XP Home installation on a P4/2.66ghz 1gb RAM to host the streamer, and Vista HP 32bit on a 2.33ghz core2duo 2Gb RAM as the client with VLC as the viewer. The XP host has a Hauppauge USB DVB-T receiver and an Hauppauge PCI DVB-S2 card (although that has yet to be tuned, as we're half-way through a community satellite installation).

LAN is 100mbps full duplex - considering upgrading to Gigabit, but layout means I would have to use two switches without relaying cables.

Just to clarify, the problem is I cannot change channel on the client without the VLC starting to play from the beginning of the timeshift buffer. The picture then deteriorates into massive pixelation (with perfect sound, though) and it becomes necessary to restart both the client and viewer software.

Can someone explain, how this can be rectified. I'm a PC technician & certified Novell admin (Netware, not much Linux) by trade, so not adverse to trying things out technically, if I can understand exactly what's being said.

When it does work, the VLC client gives pictures as good as Virgin cable standard def set top box. The satellite should give me a couple of HD channels (it's a huge dish by todays standards). This raises the question, will a 100mbps network be able to handle HiDef?

RobAnt

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Home Country
Just to clarify, I'm trying to find out, in plain language, whether there is a patch/repair for the problem I described above, and if so please can I have it expressed as a plain language series of step? I don't fully understand the above responses as they're not very clear and answers to person "a" might be answered after answers to person "d".

BTW, the client says it is V1.2.5

:confused::confused:

:D

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
When it does work, the VLC client gives pictures as good as Virgin cable standard def set top box. The satellite should give me a couple of HD channels (it's a huge dish by todays standards). This raises the question, will a 100mbps network be able to handle HiDef?

yes your LAN can do it (if its got room obviously depending on what else its doing). I design/debug carrier IP networks, so we are on the same wavelength. BBCHD is about 18Mbit/sec I think. But I'm not getting good results from BBCHD streaming to VLC using this app yet. still to debug why. using v1.3.2 of client (its here on the forum, search). there is also a 64bit-compatible version compiled by another user.

Ian

RobAnt

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Home Country
Ok Ian, :D

I have managed to find v1.3.2 of the server client. I don't quite understand why it wasn't in the package I downloaded. I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet, but I'll come back if I find a problem.

RobAnt

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Home Country
Right. I've had a chance to evaluate it, and I cannot get it working at all.

I added TCP port 1433, and the connection test no longer fails, but the database test fails.

I'm loath to install the database again, so I'm wondering if it is possibly the schema name, user id and/or password.

It is saying the Database Location is on "%hostname of the PC%"/SQLEXPRESS - which is, I presume the correct place.

It is saying that the Schema name is MpTvDbRC1 - and I wonder if this is right? I cannot check it because I cannot find the list of databases the M% SQL Server 2005 is supposed to be holding.

Also, it has the User ID as SA and the password is showing two asterisks.

Where do I go from here.

I can still get V1.2.5 working, but there is no database connection to set up with that one. So it must be using some defaults that I'm not aware of, or know how to determine.

Rob

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
Right. I've had a chance to evaluate it, and I cannot get it working at all.

I added TCP port 1433, and the connection test no longer fails, but the database test fails.

I'm loath to install the database again, so I'm wondering if it is possibly the schema name, user id and/or password.

It is saying the Database Location is on "%hostname of the PC%"/SQLEXPRESS - which is, I presume the correct place.

It is saying that the Schema name is MpTvDbRC1 - and I wonder if this is right? I cannot check it because I cannot find the list of databases the M% SQL Server 2005 is supposed to be holding.

Also, it has the User ID as SA and the password is showing two asterisks.

Where do I go from here.

I can still get V1.2.5 working, but there is no database connection to set up with that one. So it must be using some defaults that I'm not aware of, or know how to determine.

Rob

if you are running mediaportal 1.0 release version, remove the RC1 from the schema name. worked for me. default password is "MediaPortal"
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread