Changing from MySQL to MariaDB (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You can clear the database used with TVServer when starting SetupTV.exe from a dos prompt with extra arguments:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi.
    You can clear the database used with TVServer when starting SetupTV.exe from a dos prompt with extra arguments:
    Hi Lehmden, Thanks for the reply.
    I tried using "/Configure-DB". That allowed me to change the dependency to MariaDB.
    TVServerConfig.PNG

The service starts and it shows the correct dependency. And I can start Mediaportal and use it normally
    Depend1.PNG

But as soon as I click on the normal TV Configuration shortcut, I get the dependency error again. I select no to not start the service.
    Depend2.PNG

TV Config still opens (with values from MariaDB) but the dependency has been reset for TV Server to MySQL56. Weird huh?
    Depend3.PNG

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Weird huh?
    Jep, especially as TV Server normally runs with MySQL 5.7 too, where you also have no MySQL56... I'm pretty sure this should not happen if all is normal... But now I'm out as I don't use the TV Server. I'm using MP2 where the database engine is SQLite. Much less complicated (no extra database server must be installed) and much faster, but a single user only database engine. Possible for MP2 but not for MP1 as with MP2 the MP2 server is the only user who access the database. In MP1 every client accesses the database so this may not work with SQLite...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, a clean install got me past that database issue but now I'm seeing database deadlocks in the logs during epg importing. Not sure which way I'm going to go now lol.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Did you uninstall MySQL 5.6? That is very important ;)
    Yes, I did. I may try this one more time. What version of MariaDB did you install? Maybe 10.4.15 wasn't a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom