Changing from MySQL to MariaDB (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So I have a minimal clean install right now. The database deadlocks are gone but the problem that was causing me the most problems yesterday is still there. Everything seems to be good until I go to the TVGuide page. Then I start getting errors like crazy. The guide page can't seem to find any of the elements needed to build the page. I can't find any configuration problems problems though. The log goes crazy at 09:58:37 that's when I enter the guide page. Any ideas? Oh also... this is the Ares skin but it does the same with DefaultWide.

Attachments

• 10-04-50.png
      10-04-50.png
      1.6 MB
    • MediaPortal.log
      1.2 MB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      585.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried to use another client on a different machine? Just to be sure it had nothing to do with the database changes (as I think after having a look at the logs.) For me it looks as an issue on the client side... If you don't have a second machine you even can try to install Kodi on the same machine and install the MediaPortal PVR Addon. It uses the same data as MediaPortal itself...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @Lehmden Yes, it's the same on another machine. I just found a thread that has similar complaints, I'm going to check some of the things in that thread in a little bit and see if I can find a clue. Link

Attachments

• 11-11-33.png
      11-11-33.png
      1.1 MB

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Did you check TV Setup for correct EPG settings?
    I use xmltv plugin and everything seems to be in order there. There aren't any errors in the log on import. I think I'm going to go back to a MySQL db and see what happens.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The guide page can't seem to find any of the elements needed to build the page. I can't find any configuration problems problems though.
    Looking at your log file, I notice that in the function call stack there is an entry for "UpdateGroupButton", which suggests (tentatively!) that the problem might originate with the channel groups. I have a vague recollection that there needs to be at least one channel group in existence.

It might be worth checking in "TV Server Config" to verify that you have at least the "All channels" groups defined (one for TV, another for radio). It might also be worth creating one or more additional channel groups for each type (e.g. "Film Channels" or "News Channels").

The current channel group must be stored somewhere (since it is persistent across MP restarts). but I don't know where it is stored (in MP or TV Server). Is it possible that this stored value is referencing a channel group that does not exist in your current setup?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Looking at your log file, I notice that in the function call stack there is an entry for "UpdateGroupButton", which suggests (tentatively!) that the problem might originate with the channel groups. I have a vague recollection that there needs to be at least one channel group in existence.

Hmm, I had 4 total TV groups (Channels, All Channels, IPTV and ATSC), and for Radio I had All Channels and Analog so I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. It could be that at the time I submitted the log, I may have skimped on adding something that particular time but I most times set it up fully and it still failed.

It's moot today though. My new PC came in this morning so I had a virgin install to work with. I did have an unrelated issue installing directx 9. (see below) But after that was resolved I installed MariaDB one more time... same problem!! I uninstalled everything and began the installation with MySQL 5.6. That issue is resolved now. I'm off to finish up all the little things that are hanging out.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help!! I was really wanting to test out MariaDB but, I was investing too much time into it and I needed to keep my sanity :D.

This is unrelated but to anyone who tries to install on a clean Win10 64 and runs into the dreaded DirectX 9 install failure, I have a possible solution. I spent 4 hours this morning searching and performing countless install attempts trying different suggestions from the net with no success. Earlier my PC had notified me that I had a pending upgrade for Windows 1909 but, I didn't want to do that at the time because I was afraid that a windows upgrade may cause even more problems that would take even more time. I was about to give up but, I figured I would go ahead and do the upgrade and then try one more time... BINGO! DirectX 9 installed right away. So a pending Windows update could possibly block the install of DirectX 9? Maybe?

Attachments

• 14-52-35.png
      14-52-35.png
      1.1 MB

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country

@CyberSimian So, I'm a little embarrassed by this, it's still not fixed. When I came home tonight I went to try and finish the setup. After adding shares and configuring things I hadn't done this morning, I opened it up and the problem had returned. I remembered what you were saying about the groups and the only device I configured tonight was the radio tuner. So I deleted the Radio Channels and the problem went away. I couldn't do it consistently but I triggered it to break or fix by ticking or un-ticking the "Create the Analog Group". Strange thing is, no matter if you tick it or not and it will still create an analog. Not sure it that's related somehow or not. One thing that does seem fix it every time is if I delete all the radio station entries. I will do some more testing tomorrow.

So it looks like you were right about the channel groups. They do seem to be involved somehow. If you have any ideas for further troubleshooting I would surely appreciate it. On the bright side, after I get this straightened out, I can go back and install MariaDB :D

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the only device I configured tonight was the radio tuner. So I deleted the Radio Channels and the problem went away.
    I am not a "TV Server" expert, so this is as much for my education as for solving your problem. What tuner devices do you have in your HTPC?

In the UK, our terrestrial and satellite TV broadcasts include radio channels. When we scan for channels, "TV Server" detects both types, and splits them into "TV" and "Radio" categories. But they are all digital channels. We no longer have any analogue TV channels in the UK. We do still have VHF/FM analogue radio channels, but I was under the impression that "TV Server" cannot handle those. This may be an incorrect assumption (since "TV Server" can handle analogue TV channels). :eek:

So, where do your analogue radio channels originate? Are they VHF/FM channels? If they are, "TV Server" will be able to handle them only if the VHF/FM tuner device has a device driver that is compatible with the BDA interface standard. (No, I don't know what that means either, but it is the interface that "TV Server" uses to control the tuner.)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I am not a "TV Server" expert, so this is as much for my education as for solving your problem. What tuner devices do you have in your HTPC?

In the UK, our terrestrial and satellite TV broadcasts include radio channels. When we scan for channels, "TV Server" detects both types, and splits them into "TV" and "Radio" categories. But they are all digital channels. We no longer have any analogue TV channels in the UK. We do still have VHF/FM analogue radio channels, but I was under the impression that "TV Server" cannot handle those. This may be an incorrect assumption (since "TV Server" can handle analogue TV channels). :eek:

So, where do your analogue radio channels originate? Are they VHF/FM channels? If they are, "TV Server" will be able to handle them only if the VHF/FM tuner device has a device driver that is compatible with the BDA interface standard. (No, I don't know what that means either, but it is the interface that "TV Server" uses to control the tuner.)

I'm no expert either but hopefully I'm learning some things. I have 2 HDHomerun devices (6 tuners), all the channels I receive on those are digital OTA channels. 2 IPTV channels, and the Avermedia. The Avermedia is a combo TV/FM Radio tuner for Analog signals only. TV Server does still support the analog radio channels, at least it still has an option for specifically scanning the radio channels.

The Aver also has a Digital Tuner built in too but I disabled that section because I have too many OTA tuners already. I know the HDHRs use the BDA interface. The HDHR 1080 tuners are new ATSC 3.0 tuners from about a month ago, but I'm hesitant to suspect them. I could disable them just to rule them out I guess. I believe the Avermedia is BDA also but I don't know how to tell.

Attachments

• ota-dig.PNG
      ota-dig.PNG
      93.3 KB
    • analog.PNG
      analog.PNG
      78.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom