channel switching / timeshift buffer problem (3 Viewers)

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
Muhahahahaw - this saved my day :D
I should also ask my dog - maybe a brief but sternly look of him fixes some other issues as well :p

Honestly - if you are a dev then I'd suggest to have 2 or 3 looks at it and even better tell us where the sources are.. ;)
I apologize if I was too direct. The problem is that every day I use MyTV and I see the bug 1038 and I think "let me see if it is Fixed" so I go on Internet and I check, and now is more that 20 days I check almost every day mantis 1038. Sometime I dream it...
I'm a programmer too and I know in programming nothing is simple... So Excuse me again RTV.
My target with my previous message was only to don't think mantis 1038 has been forgotten...
Thank you very much for your amazing work.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is that tsfilesource itself is buggy when it comes to seeking. That's not an issue that can be fixed from inside of MP (Despite of replacing it with the not-yet-fully-working TsReader - which would mean dropping MPEG recording support).

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any solution, yet?
    Mantis report is still open, no entry about a solution in changelog either, so i guess its still open :rolleyes:

The mantis bug is still not even assigned to somebody...
    However, the SVN from today (rev. 14807) contains the following change:
    TVServer 07/06/2007 [09:56:19] dman_zZz added: Added latest TSFileSource code to SVN

Shall that fix this issue?

This is really the no. 1 bug of the TVServer for me at the moment because I am seeing this issue every day and it is quite annoying (you have to stop TV and start it again).

ashopedies

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you very much for the information. i will test it in next days.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I tested todays SVN (14807) but the timeshift problem still occurs :-(
    If anybody needs new traces, please let me know. I have the problem very often, especially, if I change from an AC3 channel to a non AC3 channel.

Best regards,

Andreas

ashopedies

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the problem very often, especially, if I change from an AC3 channel to a non AC3 channel.

Best regards,

Andreas

is it possible to choose automatically the mpg/stereo stream? im also having "only" the problem, when im changing from an ac3 to a non ac3 channel.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It seems another vote for this problem here too!

Whenever I try to change channels I receive the following;

"No video/audio detected"

At which point MP often hangs for a while or crashes... Using today's SVN...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom