channel switching / timeshift buffer problem (1 Viewer)

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
However, I think the devs are still working on this...

Have you got some inside info?
From what RTV says it's not really something MP devs can do anything about? Which seems strange since the bug never used to be there. Can any pinpoint the SVN Rev that it was introduced?

The problem is that tsfilesource itself is buggy when it comes to seeking. That's not an issue that can be fixed from inside of MP (Despite of replacing it with the not-yet-fully-working TsReader - which would mean dropping MPEG recording support).

Also whats TsReader, is that a replacement for tsfilesource that is being developed by MP devs? I'm guessing it's not this:
http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/
??

btw, it's strange but hardly ever see this problem, maybe once a week.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you got some inside info?
    From what RTV says it's not really something MP devs can do anything about? Which seems strange since the bug never used to be there. Can any pinpoint the SVN Rev that it was introduced?
    No, we can do something to fix it. The problem was that the sources of TSFileSource filter were not available. Now they are
    Also whats TsReader, is that a replacement for tsfilesource that is being developed by MP devs? I'm guessing it's not this:
    http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/
    ??
    Nope. Our TSReader has nothing in common with the one from coolstf.com.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Gemx, Are you able to give a very brief overview of tsfilesource and TSReader. What they do and what the difference between them is? And will TSReader eventually replace tsfilesource? Sorry for all the noob questions.
    Thanks
    Rhys

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks Gemx, Are you able to give a very brief overview of tsfilesource and TSReader. What they do and what the difference between them is? And will TSReader eventually replace tsfilesource? Sorry for all the noob questions.
    tsfilesource: used when watching MyTV in singleseat and in MyVideos for mpeg2 files

TSReader: can not replace tsfilesource atm, because it is not able to read mpg files.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started working on this issue...
    Added some debugs in my private built of the filter...
    Just be patient...

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

please see my posts in this topic. I did also some testing, but I was looking a the wrong place.
    There are all possible logs. The errors i get are reproduce-able and only occur when switching channels from MP, not when switching channels from the TVE setup.

As far as i know bug is in TVE for months, thats the time im busy getting MP stable for watching tv.

As i read above this problem only occurs when TVE is Single Seat. It's not a decent solution but is it possible to fake a multi seat setup, just for testing how TVE is responding on it. Maybe its much easier killing this damn anoying bug :)

Im quite busy coming weeks, but if you guys need me i can make some time free for testing.

Anyway, a big thanks to the DEVs making MP.

Dekkers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom