channel switching / timeshift buffer problem (1 Viewer)

dekkers

Portal Pro
December 2, 2006
Maasdijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Does not seem to have anything todo with the filter or mp/tv client plugin.
The problem is the server: The tuner doesn't get a lock (pmt times out).
Perhaps a problems with weak signal?

First of all, thanks for your support on this (and many other things).
Like "Evis" im facing the same problem (SVN from yesterday) it doenst get a lock on the channel.
It can't be the signal becouse progDVB is playing fine, without any interuption and my cable provider did a messurement on the signal wich was fine.

Any ideas on this?

thank in advance

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah I had to roll back yesterday, also getting "No A/V Detected" (pmt timing out in logs). I don't think this is the right thread to be posting in though! Oopps!

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well I've uninstalled the TV-Server & using the same SVN build as above of MP 0.2 & all my channels display fine... I do have a week signal though, always have done...

dekkers

Portal Pro
December 2, 2006
Maasdijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well guys, if the problem occurs becouse of a weak signal please try ProgDVB (http://www.progdvb.com/). It a ugly simple program :) but you can test and find out if it's a signal problem, at least I think :)

The other strange part is this:
Are we just with a few guys facing this problem? or is the problem bigger?
I cant understand why there are just a couple of people complaining about this, if we facing this problem with a default installation. the rest of the users got to have these problems too right?

just my 2 cents.

Greetz

Dekkers

boobee

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Frodo, I already have some test results, unfortunately not so good, anyway, here they are.

when using tsreader (usetsreader.txt is in place) tv is ok for the first 4-5 secs even if audio is out of sync from video sometimes, then after that time audio keeps playing but video totally freezes and the whole tv seems lagged in answering commands. CPU is fine, 25% and so is disk, no heavy I/O.

next channel change is fine again for 4-5 seconds, audio is always out of sync, and all gets lagged some more. then i can't do anything else, mp hangs and have to terminate it via task manager. behaviour is the same using fta or encrypted channels.

using tsfilesource (no usetsreader.txt in c:\) all is fine, zapping for 10-15 minutes only though.

thanks

poipoisse

Portal Member
    February 7, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello everybody,
    Do you have some news about this problem, I install the new SVN everydays but the problem continues.
    I tried the new filter but unfortunately, it doesn't work the image hang and after change a channel, MP freeze.
    Thanks for your work and your help.

ashopedies

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nothing new about this issue?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    nothing new about this issue?

Have you tried using the new TS reader? The last post about this was before a lot of work was done to it.
    FRom what I've read the new TSReader now doesn't have this bug any more and it's a lot more reliable than it was a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom