channel switching / timeshift buffer problem (1 Viewer)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    *phew* Very nice to hear :)

verolano

Portal Member
    September 25, 2006
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Problem still occurs

Hi gemx,

First Test:
    about 15 minutes of zapping and all Ok :D

Second Test:
    the same channel for about 30/35 minutes, then on changing channel the error is present :(

many thanks for your time/work
    PG

W_Z

Portal Member
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    EDIT: I have above mentioned problem even this PAL channels. The channel are black or get stuck (freeze). It looks like the Streamplayer is a little bit to near to the edge and sometimes the required data comes to late. Jumping 15 sec back seems to avoid this problem.
    Maybe this is relate to the recent "channel change" speed ups.

I get the "no video with audio" problem after changing channels about 1 in 10 times on SD channels but at least the timeshift problem seems to be fixed on these channels. I also use the jump back and forward to fix the problem. Also FastForward seems to work.

On HD channels the timeshift buffer problem seems to be unchanged as it still jumps back to a previous channel at the beginning of the buffer about 75% of the time.

My SD channels are mpeg2 + stereo audio and HD are mpeg2 + ac3.

Thx gemx!

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello gemx, good work!
    I haven't had any problems during 3 hours zapping with my SD and 1 HDTV (h.264) channels.

So for me it seems to be fixed.
    Thanks Gemx!

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This problem has recently got worse for me. In fact, I can only watch one channel atm... What SVN of MP & TVServer are you guys using?

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    All the 'recent' revs incl. Today's one (rev: 15008) for both MP & TVServer.

EDIT: I've attached my log files, my full system spec is on the left too :). Hope someone can help me get to the bottom of why I'm still having problems with this error...

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Any ideas on what I can do to get TV working again using a Hauppauge Nova T-500?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does not seem to have anything todo with the filter or mp/tv client plugin.
    The problem is the server: The tuner doesn't get a lock (pmt times out).
    Perhaps a problems with weak signal?

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gemx,

thank you very much for the great work.
    It works much better now.

I have the option "prefer AC3" selected within the TV plugin and I am observing still the following issues:
    1. After a channel change, there is a high pitching sound instead of the real audio. I have to change the channel again to get audio back. This is observed very sporadic though but horrible for my ears.

2. After a channel change, the audio is fine but dops out from time to time. That means only for a few hundred ms the audio is gone and then back again. This is observed sporadically.

3. I am using the NVidia PureVideo codec for MPEG2 and the Cyberlinnk for H.264. When switching from MPEG2 to H.264, MediaPortal just hangs forever and I have to kill it via the task manager. The graph looks fine and the timeshift buffer contains a TS file that can be played with the Cyberlink application fine but LiveTV is not working at all.
    EDIT: With todays SVN 50019 the switching between SD and HD works!

Is there still work ongoing or do you consider it to be fixed completely?

Best regards,

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom