Choppy playback on fresh system (2 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I have this weird issue thtat most movies (but not all) will stutter extremely. Sometimes is will play ok for half a minute and then it starts to stutter heavily. Also skipping forward and backward will introduce heavy stutter.

I noticed that Kodi worked without a hitch but MPC-HC had the same stutter issue.

But I have no clue to fix this. My best guess is a setting in the LAVF filters, but I tried various settings without a resolution.

Can someone help me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1441919281][/DOUBLEPOST]Added extra settings images

Attachments

• LAVF1.JPG
      LAVF1.JPG
      116.6 KB
    • LAVF2.JPG
      LAVF2.JPG
      94.2 KB
    • Settings.JPG
      Settings.JPG
      151.6 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does the file play fine if you copy it to the local HDD? If so, check your network and firewall settings.
    Have you tried different splitters?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Playing the file locally ran without issues. Playing the same file from my server gave me the stutter issue again.

So I guess LAVF isn't to blame? But why can Kodi play from my server without issues and MediaPortal can't?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I guess LAVF isn't to blame?
    I would have said the opposite.
    The problem may be related to your network (variable latency)... and so the splitter/codecs may need a larger buffer.

But why can Kodi play from my server without issues and MediaPortal can't?
    MediaPortal is not at fault. It is the LAV components that you have chosen to use which are not able to play the file smoothly with their current configuration. You can easily choose different splitter/codecs and/or change configuration.
    [edit: In other words, MediaPortal can play the file if you configure it properly - with splitter and codecs that can play the file.]

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would have said the opposite.
    The problem may be related to your network (variable latency)... and so the splitter/codecs may need a larger buffer.

MediaPortal is not at fault. It is the LAV components that you have chosen to use which are not able to play the file smoothly with their current configuration. You can easily choose different splitter/codecs and/or change configuration.
    [edit: In other words, MediaPortal can play the file if you configure it properly - with splitter and codecs that can play the file.]
    Next I'm going to try SAF 6. I used this package before I reinstalled windows 7 and MediaPortal.

Any thoughts about splitters? Because I always used the lavf splitters before I reinstalled.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Next I'm going to try SAF 6. I used this package before I reinstalled windows 7 and MediaPortal.
    Okay, this seems to be new information.

Are you saying that the problems only started after reinstalling Windows and MediaPortal (and previously you had no problem)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom