Christmas will come first (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been running a version I compiled from source for quite some time now and it does seem pretty much ready to rock. The only things I've noticed are some small issues with the side-bar menu (sometimes when you hit the right directional in list view, the sidebar that pops out is blank, etc..) I think these might be issues with StreamedMP though (I'm using the most recent skin files from their google code site). FForde & company, do you think this the issue is something I should bring up to the StreamedMP skinners now, or should I wait till they release a production ready version that supports 0.8? I don't know how closely you guys work with the skinners to get everything working...

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    First it was MP releases they were moaning after (oddly that has almost reduced to zero nowadays ) and now it is the plugin releases.
    Previous post is not limited to plugin releases, same goes for MP releases. ;)
    And, I'm angry when I read such post from users who can't imagine all work needed for doing that. :(
    nothing against the commercial software, as it gives food for my family.
    It can also give food when it's for specific software in a big company. ;)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I've been running a version I compiled from source for quite some time now and it does seem pretty much ready to rock. The only things I've noticed are some small issues with the side-bar menu (sometimes when you hit the right directional in list view, the sidebar that pops out is blank, etc..) I think these might be issues with StreamedMP though (I'm using the most recent skin files from their google code site). FForde & company, do you think this the issue is something I should bring up to the StreamedMP skinners now, or should I wait till they release a production ready version that supports 0.8? I don't know how closely you guys work with the skinners to get everything working...

You'll want to talk to damienh about that he has been doing most of the Moving Pictures skin changes for StreamedMP lately. He always at least idles in the Moving Pictures IRC Channel so you may try there.

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    fforde: i have seen programing and how much time it takes for the programmer to do even some minor things it seems for the end user but i reality there is much coding to be done. I really really love the great work the moving pictures team puts into the code and for me i will love it _WHEN_ its done.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm sure it was posts like this is that drove Frodo away from the MediaPortal project.

Please only see this type of post as the vocal minority. The vast majority are quietly delighted with the currently working version and are looking forward to the next release from the very talented programmers, whenever they deem that their work is complete and ready for consumption. This goes for all MP, plugin and skin devs.

Many, many thanks to you all.:D

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We have been being told since June it was almost done. will be out soon etc. When is the new udpate coming? Seriously why drag this out so long, Are you implementing 10000 changes? If so wouldnt it make more sense to do only a few at a time and push out regular updates. Whats gonna come first Christmas or the update?

Your gall astonishes me. We have families, and jobs, and we develop Moving Pictures in our spare time. Some weeks and months we have less time available to devote to Moving Pictures than others. Rather than complain, why not offer to help? This is an open source project! And if you can't program there are many other ways you can help. Testing, documentation, translations, community support; none of which you are doing.

Doing pressure to devs that sacrifice their spare time is strange.
    I dont wanna make me popular, but the only word one can say to MP-Devs is :D for great work. Family, Job, Hobbies are more important than MP and 98% of the community understand this.

sorry for bad english, but must said!

MrCrispy

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    I've been waiting like everyone else for the new release, and I finally decided to try and build the svn version. Its not trivial but if you follow the dev wiki it can be done. I now have working MP categories with the svn StreamedMP which is good enough for me. This is a big release so if you take the time to play with the svn build, you can find out what works best for your final setup, as I doubt there will be any significant features added at this late stage.

And its the holiday season, the devs deserve some time off with their friends and families, not more demands!

pirivan

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2008
    We have been being told since June it was almost done. will be out soon etc. When is the new udpate coming? Seriously why drag this out so long, Are you implementing 10000 changes? If so wouldnt it make more sense to do only a few at a time and push out regular updates. Whats gonna come first Christmas or the update?

Hey FireSokar, are you paying the salaries of the developers? Oh wait. That's right. No. You're not. Just go away.

Great work developers. Don't let the ungrateful people get you down, there are those of us out there that are EXTREMELY grateful, even if we don't speak up as loudly as some of the complainers. That we have this plugin at ALL is amazing enough. Again, great work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom