closed captioning does not appear (1 Viewer)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I followed the instructions on how to enable closed captioning but no luck. I am in the USA, running MP 1.4 and use hdhomerun as my tuner. CC works in MCE. I have the default settings for filters.

Can somebody help?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Sorry for the sluggish reply - life is busy. :)
    I'm no expert on this but I'd say something is not setup right. The codec graph in your logs seems... strange... and there are a few "fail" messages in relation to connecting Core CC Parser.

@Sebastiii
    Sorry to bother you mate. You're the expert with this stuff. Can you help us out here? :)

mm

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    yeap I hope that I just have something configured wrong and it is as easy as that. If you guys cam point me to the right place it would be great. I think I have the dll registered correctly since it shows up in the mp configuration tool and it allows me to configure its properties. I am running Win7 32bit if that makes any difference.

thanks again guys!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I can get US ATSC closed captions working if I enable TV Codecs to use "Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder", it does not work with LAV codecs. I think the Cyberlink codecs are installed if you have Power DVD software loaded on your system. To get ATSC closed captions working I did the following on a Vista64 system that happens to have Power DVD. This was with MePo rev=1.3, expect this is also true for rev=1.4

install/configure "Core CC" see the following wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tions_Menu/How_to_get_CC_in_ATSC//QAM_streams

"Enable CC subtitle" for TV Client, see wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tal_Configuration/22_TV/1_TV_Client#Subtitles

and in TV Codecs enable Cyberlink for TV MPEG-2 Video
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks RonD! :)

I can get US ATSC closed captions working if I enable TV Codecs to use "Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder", it does not work with LAV codecs.
    Right, okay. We should add that info to the wiki.
    Are there any other codecs you know that do or don't work?
    It would be unfortunate if the Cyberlink ones are the only ones that work...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    mm,

I've never had any luck getting US ATSC Closed Captions working with LAV or any other codec, Cyberlink/PowerDVD is the only option that works for me. Somewhere in the wiki there is/was a comment that CC does not work with all codecs, but I can't find the wording. In a long thread about North American CC, the following message also mentions Cyberlink.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/north-american-closed-captions.89487/page-10#post-798372

It would be nice of MePo could get the needed changes added to LAV filters to enable CC since LAV is the MePo recommended codec option.

Users who are viewing this thread