(Closed) MediaPortal iViewer - Now Available in the App Store (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Is it currently possible to remove disabled activity buttons from the GUI? Also, are there plans to ever allow adding action buttons for other plugins? I don't use pictures or music and would love to be able to replaced those activities with ones that I actually use like onlinevideos.

Great app btw, worked right away with minimal setup! My only request is being able to change default activities, it would really make the app much more robust and useful.

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi just downloaded the full versjon. My MP setup is dedicated TV server this also has MP extended installed.. I want to view live tv on my Ipad. I get the epg but I am not getting any stream. I have been using Ampdroid for a while and this works. What settings should I use?
Do I need to install the MP client on my server?

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it currently possible to remove disabled activity buttons from the GUI? Also, are there plans to ever allow adding action buttons for other plugins? I don't use pictures or music and would love to be able to replaced those activities with ones that I actually use like onlinevideos.
    The activity tiles in Home screen that are disabled can currently not be removed completely, they are instead transparent. But wouldn't it look strange if instead having empty space where an inactive activity tile should be? We can only implement the MP plugins that MPExtended support, Online Videos is not one of them.

lodale, are you using MPExtended 0.6 beta? I haven't tested wiht TV-server only but I can't see why that shouldn't work as long as you have MPExtended on the same computer. I would try with single-seat in MPiV and then disable all the unused activities. Please activate the log in MPiV settings, start a stream from EPG, open the log and send that to support.

About channel group in EPG. See one page back in this thread...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Can you explain a bit more about what you mean with a more visible border.
    Quite hard to explain I guess. Trying to explain now:

I guess it all comes down to the user case. Me personally is (or better will be) using MPiV more as a client (playing Media on iPad) instead of using it as a remote for another MP Client. And what I mean with "border" between remoting another MP Client and using iPad as a client for media is that on the first sight (maybe be getting better when getting used to MPiV) its hard to intuitive understand when am I remoting the MP Client and when am I doing actions on the iPad. As said, maybe/probably it gets better when getting used to using MPiV.

And that is tied to my feature request (putting MP-Client to Home Screen after idling a time): If I am not in front of the TV from the MP-Client, I cannot see if I may have accidently entered a plugin on that MP-CLient (e.g. Recordings, Series,...) and then my MP-Client is suspending as its not in Home Screen.

Hopefully I could explain this in a way anybody did understand what I meant ;-)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    I have also felt so, that being away from mp I feel tricky not to turn something on it instead of streaming or just browsing. That would be nice to have a overall switch to be on remote control or using as client. Also tricky to use tvguide for tv remoting-I can not switch channel on if no epg data appears. And sometimes when trying to point right channel epg entry I miss that and so am switching to wrong channel. Better could be to point channel name instead of epg label.

And would be best to slide those control panels instead of pushing control/activity buttons, that would be more natural for tablet.

zetus

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Right now I'm testing the free vision, and I am very happy, with what I see.
    I can't live without Argus-TV. Will be supported in the future?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We are interested to hear any feedback so please report what you feel. I guess it's quite different for us that has developed during this long time and a new user. Things has changed quite a lot over the months and evolved to what you are using right now. We are used to the current state and everythings is new to you guys. I will not respond to every request but we will for sure notice and discuss how we can improve things.

My main focus right now is to fix the issues that appear and come out with a bug fix release if needed. Later we can tweak and add new features.

Sure you can live without Argus;) Argus is not supported in MPExtended so you need to go with the native TV if using the tv section of MPiV. Edit. If it will be supported in the future depends on if a developer is interested in adding support for it in MPExtended.

I managed to get EPG for Rich also for the all channel group. The issue is that we buffer too many hours and the buffering time is not configurable. Will reduce the default amount of buffering and make it configurable for the next version.

Last edited:

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for fixing the problems with my all channels and for such a great app :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom