Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
For all .wmv-files I get a "cannot play x.wmv". I have SAF installed, nothing else (well OK, flash as well). Is there something I need to do in either of SAFs codecs to make this work. An example is "NASA Live TV", where I only get the "cannot play" message.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows Version, WindowsMediaPlayerVersion, Logfiles ...

I'm gonna start deleting posts without proper information, as they are useless.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, sorry about that.

- Windows 7
    - Latest Windows Media Player (what does that have to do with this, isn't SAF supposed to take care of everything?)
    - Latest SAF
    - Latest MP SVN

The reason for not enclosing any log files is that pretty much nothing happens when I try to play one of these videos. If you think that something useful might be logged anyway, of course I will make the logs.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    OK, sorry about that.

- Windows 7
    - Latest Windows Media Player (what does that have to do with this, isn't SAF supposed to take care of everything?)
    - Latest SAF
    - Latest MP SVN

The reason for not enclosing any log files is that pretty much nothing happens when I try to play one of these videos. If you think that something useful might be logged anyway, of course I will make the logs.

MP log please, i will look too :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you uninstall Windows Media Player, which I have seen people doing, that would be the reason for wmv not working, hence the question.
    What wmv are not working? -> urls will be in logfile, so we can try to reproduce this.

I'm running win7 x64 here with latest svn and wmv works fine (but without saf installed)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    I tested yesterday WMV on my Win7 x64 + SAF and they works :)

If you uninstall Windows Media Player, which I have seen people doing, that would be the reason for wmv not working, hence the question.
    What wmv are not working? -> urls will be in logfile, so we can try to reproduce this.

I'm running win7 x64 here with latest svn and wmv works fine (but without saf installed)

BTW, are you able to play Game Trailers - New trailers - (first one) Torchlight HD? I am not. graph is created (MS DMO decoders, but only black screen)

MS DMO decoder needs to be disabled and replaced by FFDShow video decoder, then it works.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Allright, I have performed my logging duty :)

The first one shows an attempt to start a .wmv video at the online video service of Swedish Television.

Hoborg: I also tried the video you mentioned - apart from taking a couple of seconds to start, it plays without problem. I have logged that too and enclosed it. Graphstudio shows that it's using "WM ASF Reader" as splitter, ffdshow as video decoder, "WMAudio Decoder DMO" as audio decoder and Reclock as renderer. For these videos I would actually prefer that it doesn't use Reclock, but I don't know where to configure it.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hoborg: Sounds good, but my other problems say otherwise :) Is it really supposed to use those weird codecs and splitters? What is "WM ASF Reader" and "WMAudio Decoder DMO"? Are those the WMP codecs?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hoborg: Sounds good, but my other problems say otherwise :) Is it really supposed to use those weird codecs and splitters? What is "WM ASF Reader" and "WMAudio Decoder DMO"? Are those the WMP codecs?

That is default OS decoders/splitter created by microsoft for WMV video format.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom