Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daki

Portal Pro
July 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
youtube hd works fine, TEDTalks also (if you meant this).

the port 1935 is opwn now, but can't watch southpark, same error

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm sorry but no clue why this wouldn't work then. I just tried again on my system here, and it worked fine.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I have installed SAF v4.00RC1 and can't play videos from tedtalks, nasa, ******** and empflix, I get audio codec message. Tried searching in this thread but ended in no solution to my problem. I don't know which logs should I post here so somebody can help me.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have installed SAF v4.00RC1 and can't play videos from tedtalks, nasa, ******** and empflix, I get audio codec message. Tried searching in this thread but ended in no solution to my problem. I don't know which logs should I post here so somebody can help me.

RC1 is not last SAF version, try beta19 (but i didnt think there was any change, becouse all is wirking as it should).

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    RC1 is not last SAF version, try beta19 (but i didnt think there was any change, becouse all is wirking as it should).

:oops:, then I installed the wrong version. Now with beta19 tedtalks and nasa work, I don't care much for others (still get audio codec error).

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi,

when i try to install SAF it fails due to a conflicting file - reading through this thread I think its due to PowerDVD. I have a paid version of PowerDVD8 Ultra for Blu-Ray DVDs and HD codec. Do I realy have to uninstal this to view online videos in MP???

Main interest is Youtube and Apple Trailers - could I just install Haali and FFDshow?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi,

when i try to install SAF it fails due to a conflicting file - reading through this thread I think its due PowerDVD8. I have a paid version of PowerDVD Ultra for Blu-Ray DVDs and HD codec. Do I realy have to uninstal this to view online videos in MP???

It is only warning.

This version alow you to continue, but uninstalling PDVD8 is still recomended...

KeyMix

Portal Member
    April 28, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hoborg,

Have you ever received any feedback on SAF interfering with the latest SVN for 1.1 Beta ? Once I install SAF (ver saf400beta20test1.exe), the MediaPortal Config program would crash as it was loading the "Video Codecs" from the status info during startup.The MediaPortal itself, still would run. I had to set the CODECS as your instructions in this thread thru the MediPortal program itself. Once I set the codecs per your instructions I was able to run OnLine Videops and watch most of the channels from Ted, NBA, YouTube,etc. I think one of the adult sites wouldn't play, but overall the SAF plugin worked in regards to allowing me to view the FLV files. Problem is that I could not load the MediaPortal Config b/c it crashes upon startup. If I uninstall SAF. Reboot, then MediaPortal Config starts up no problem. However, I can no longer play the OnLine Videos. I repeated this process with several versions of MediaPortal 1.1Beta thru the latest SVN posted. So I'm in a dilema.:confused:

Also, how do you get SAF "unlocked"? I sifted throught this thread and searched with no luck. Need my access to my PowerDVD drivers. I seem to have best of luck with the PowerDVD codes on all HD content.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick System Overview
    P4 Intel, 3.2 GHz
    4 Gig Ram
    Windows XP MCE05
    MediaPortal 1.1Beta (Latest SVN normally)
    PowerDVD 7.3x ( latest update available)
    StreamedMP ( latest update available)
    ATI HD2600 PRO AGP 512MB

Thanks,

KeyMix:D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hoborg,

Have you ever received any feedback on SAF interfering with the latest SVN for 1.1 Beta ? Once I install SAF (ver saf400beta20test1.exe), the MediaPortal Config program would crash as it was loading the "Video Codecs" from the status info during startup.The MediaPortal itself, still would run. I had to set the CODECS as your instructions in this thread thru the MediPortal program itself. Once I set the codecs per your instructions I was able to run OnLine Videops and watch most of the channels from Ted, NBA, YouTube,etc. I think one of the adult sites wouldn't play, but overall the SAF plugin worked in regards to allowing me to view the FLV files. Problem is that I could not load the MediaPortal Config b/c it crashes upon startup. If I uninstall SAF. Reboot, then MediaPortal Config starts up no problem. However, I can no longer play the OnLine Videos. I repeated this process with several versions of MediaPortal 1.1Beta thru the latest SVN posted. So I'm in a dilema.:confused:

Also, how do you get SAF "unlocked"? I sifted throught this thread and searched with no luck. Need my access to my PowerDVD drivers. I seem to have best of luck with the PowerDVD codes on all HD content.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick System Overview
    P4 Intel, 3.2 GHz
    4 Gig Ram
    Windows XP MCE05
    MediaPortal 1.1Beta (Latest SVN normally)
    PowerDVD 7.3x ( latest update available)
    StreamedMP ( latest update available)
    ATI HD2600 PRO AGP 512MB

Thanks,

KeyMix:D

Cannot reproduce, no crash here.

A Frater

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Brisbane,Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I have been watching this thread to check if any one has same problem as I do, Some of the streams (FLV) wont play :mad: comes up with Audio Codec problem I have installed latest SAF (unlocked) and played around with ffdshow but cannot get them to play ? I had opened port 1935 but no luck there can get to work :rolleyes:.
    Also which/where are the log files I need to post for onlinevideo plugin :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom