Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
And where is problem? You are using MP, right?
The main problem is this:
-uninstall "blacklisted" software - folowing software is not compatible (causing troubles) with SAF and need to be removed first!
*PowerDVD
i use PowerDVD 9 to play BR Disc.

In theory, you can use SAF with HDTV support + PDVD9. I didnt test it, becouse i didnt have BR drive, but it should work.

PDVD9 should be installed first, then SAF 3.49beta.

Again, i didnt test it...

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My HTPC is filled with codecs (Nero, PDVD, TMT...) since I use it for encoding as well. Every clip works for me here and I'm using merits to determine which of them MP uses.

I can look into them tomorrow and give you guys the numbers.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    log files and graph (0.8.5 - MP4 stream) - ALL WORK PERFECTLY.

I don't understand one thinks:
    - the stream is the same from youtube/top rated ("Summer and Ending Hunger Ep.11")
    - OnliveVideos 0.9.3 use MP4 or Haali splitter
    - OnlineVideos 0.8.5 use Flv splitter

:confused:

From my experience, onlinevideos uses the H.264 codec you select in the videos section of mediaportal. This is not a good idea since I use powerdvd8 H.264 codec to watch H.264 videos (.mkv) but this codec does not work with youtube videos. Unfortunately I cannot use MPC-HC codec with windows 7 cause it does not dispose haali anche Microsoft H.264 (that works with youtube videos) codec is not good for viewing .mkv, the quality is not good.

SAF does not solve the problem of MPC-HC with windows 7 (RC).

I have to try with powerdvd9 codec to see if it supports youtube videos.

Any idea? I have to go to MP configuration and change videos codec each time I want to watch online videos...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

- the stream is the same from youtube/top rated ("Summer and Ending Hunger Ep.11")

From my experience, onlinevideos uses the H.264 codec you select in the videos section of mediaportal. This is not a good idea since I use powerdvd8 H.264 codec to watch H.264 videos (.mkv) but this codec does not work with youtube videos. Unfortunately I cannot use MPC-HC codec with windows 7 cause it does not dispose haali anche Microsoft H.264 (that works with youtube videos) codec is not good for viewing .mkv, the quality is not good.

Any idea? I have to go to MP configuration and change videos codec each time I want to watch online videos...

Can you send me PM and describe me "problem of MPC-HC with windows 7 (RC)"?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Can you send me PM and describe me "problem of MPC-HC with windows 7 (RC)"?

I've sent you a PM. By the way I've tried with powerdvd9 cocec and ati avivo codec and they also do not work with youtube videos. The only codecs that works are MPC-HC or Microsoft one so you HAVE to select one of them to have youtube HQ videos to work.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same thing, using Cyberlink pdvd 9 h.264 codec (set in media portal config for videos) will freeze MePo on youtube. (although TED works)
    MPC-HC works with both sites.

julle_j

August 22, 2009
    I Have installed SAF, Haali etc. I have exactly the same audio codec message when trying to play mp4.. =(

lucas86

Portal Member
    August 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    HI !

I have the same error :

"Unable to play video

Audio codec: "

I have the latest version installed.

:D

frgo

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi,

I've tried just about every possible solution on these forums without any luck. I just couldn't get m4 streams to work. Until today! :) Just for a joke I installed VLC plugin and apple trailers are working like a charm :)

feriso

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2008
    Well, I have PDVD installed, SAF, QTlite, RPLite and Haali and Istill have no luck. When i go to the config there are no players lisred in the codec sections for flv and mp4, and I cant alter them - any idea why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom