Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BezzaMP

Portal Member
July 7, 2010
This is probably a codec issue so thought I'd post here rather than make a new thread. I've just got onlineVids setup and most things seem to be playing fine. I've installed the SAF and have the codecs setup exactly as in the SAF 4 codec thread. The thing that's not working is YouTube. The audio plays fine but there's no video playing. Could someone take a look at the logs (attached) and suggest what the problem might be.

thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
This is probably a codec issue so thought I'd post here rather than make a new thread. I've just got onlineVids setup and most things seem to be playing fine. I've installed the SAF and have the codecs setup exactly as in the SAF 4 codec thread. The thing that's not working is YouTube. The audio plays fine but there's no video playing. Could someone take a look at the logs (attached) and suggest what the problem might be.

thanks.

Try SAF 5 *unlocked*.

bertonev6

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2010
    Odenwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

now I found a working Config.
    I use the saf500svn100401.exe and after that I install a PowerDVD Trail.
    Now ALL Videos seems to work with Cyberlink Codecs in the MP-Codec setup.
    I some Videos i have a "Watermark" in the Picture. Im not sure, but i think this is because the Trail-State op PDVD.
    Can someone tell me if im right??

BezzaMP

Portal Member
    July 7, 2010

thanks.

Try SAF 5 *unlocked*.

I tried SAF 5 unlocked with PDVD10 etc, but i still can't play flv movie files in YouTube. mp4 are playing fine. Do you have any other suggestions?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

thanks.

Try SAF 5 *unlocked*.

I tried SAF 5 unlocked with PDVD10 etc, but i still can't play flv movie files in YouTube. mp4 are playing fine. Do you have any other suggestions?

Download such FLV and try to play it localy. I think there is an option to download an video in OnlineVideos.

Can you post SAF and MePo LOGs?

BezzaMP

Portal Member
    July 7, 2010
    Try SAF 5 *unlocked*.

Download such FLV and try to play it localy. I think there is an option to download an video in OnlineVideos.

The file will play locally using VLC. Here is the MePo log file. Does this contain the SAF log? If not how do I get that?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Playing the FLV with VLC is not useful to figure out codec problem, as it doesn't use directshow codecs!
    Use WindowsMediaPlayer or better GraphStudio.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

The file will play locally using VLC. Here is the MePo log file. Does this contain the SAF log? If not how do I get that?

You will find SAF logs on system root, plaese post them.

Acording to your MePo logs, playback working as it should. Try to disable DXVA - START - SAF - FFDShow - configure Video (DXVA) - hardware acceleration and disable h.264.
    Try you tube again. If you get picture this time, it is GPU driver/MePo renderer problem.

BezzaMP

Portal Member
    July 7, 2010
    OK. Disabling h.264 enables me to play YouTube. But I gather from what you are saying that this isn't a fix. I presume this disable will affect other things and that I should enable h.264 again? So what is next step? DL latest drivers for videocard?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    OK. Disabling h.264 enables me to play YouTube. But I gather from what you are saying that this isn't a fix. I presume this disable will affect other things and that I should enable h.264 again? So what is next step? DL latest drivers for videocard?

All i can say is that this is not SAF issue. Graph is created, and SAF is sending video stream in to your GPU, but GPU fail to decode it correctly (producing black screen).
    Becouse you disabled DXVA, video strem is decoded by CPU now.

Try newes/older GPU drives...
    Looks like somekind of nVidia issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom