Collection of Functional and Non-Functional Changes for Next MediaPortal release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think the Font is bad quality, when select item :confused:

same issue on resize effect, when select item : Radio icon

Could you make screen shots with same content on the 1.3.0 RC build? MP1 Skin Engine is known to have really bad resize quality (caused by bitmaps being used).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    the video quality is extremely bad and not smooth enough

Could you please be a bit more descriptive? What HW is used? What kind of quality degration there is between 1.3.0 RC and this build? What EVR.log did contain when the video was not smooth? What kind of videos did cause the issue to appear etc.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Cache was cleared, but not a clean install :sick:

It might not make any difference, but would be good to test to be sure.

I'll try to reproduce the skin rescaling issue (and compare with RC as well). For the video issue I'll need more information what is wrong when compared to RC.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Janne, I have to admit that I had some *pdbs left from other testing stuff.
    After deleting these and re-installing your build from above, all the mentioned issues are gone :p
    Movies/Live TV is as crisp as always, fonts are sharp, so no pixelation at all.
    Found that MP Config seems to start a lot faster.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Janne, I have to admit that I had some *pdbs left from other testing stuff.
    After deleting these and re-installing your build from above, all the mentioned issues are gone :p
    Movies/Live TV is as crisp as always, fonts are sharp, so no pixalation at all.

Really good to hear that the issue was in the installation. Would be good if others could check as well if there is similar issue present in their systems - saves a lot extra effort if we can pinpoint the issue to be caused by some outside factor.

Found that MP Config seems to start a lot faster.

I didn't touch there :p Maybe it was some left over in the previous install that caused the slow down?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    My First start, was without issue, the second/third start appears issue ....
    i re-start test with full cleanup

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I Mepo completely reinstalled after I noticed that the titanium skin poor quallität in the fonts and graphics has, unfortunately without success the quallität remained bad, I use windows 8 and AMD HD 7850 graphics card

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom