Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mm, Please just clarify what you mean by IMPORT CHANNELS. I have been clicking on TV CHANNELS and it takes about 10 sec to load them. Is this importing?

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm, Please just clarify what you mean by IMPORT CHANNELS. I have been clicking on TV CHANNELS and it takes about 10 sec to load them. Is this importing?

No.
    That is simply viewing the list of channels that TV Server knows about. It takes 10 seconds because you have so many channels and because your PC is possibly a little slow.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please then, tell me the steps to re import them.

Thanks, Dave

That's just the thing I've been trying to tell you - I don't know how.

The SchedulesDirect plugin is the thing that imports the channels. I have never used the SchedulesDirect plugin. I don't know how it works.

You need to figure out how to make the plugin work.

The only suggestion I can make is to delete all your channels. Then you know if the plugin has re-imported or not.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm, Things are looking better since I now understand what re-import means. I have not seen anywhere where it said to delete all the channels first as I thought is was importing when clicking on Channels in the TV Server config.

I wonder if this log tells anything about the following symptom:

No sound this morning until I rebooted the system, then it seemed normal. Apparently sound was not recorded at all as some programs had sound when played back and others had none. Volume mixer has all levels at their max.

Many thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm, Things are looking better since I now understand what re-import means. I have not seen anywhere where it said to delete all the channels first as I thought is was importing when clicking on Channels in the TV Server config.
    I'm glad you figured it out. :)
    You won't see any comments about deleting all the channels in the MP wiki because the SchedulesDirect plugin is a third party plugin. As for why the ScheduleDirect wiki doesn't tell you to do that - I have no idea. Maybe there is a better way to do it, but I wouldn't know as I've never used the plugin.

No sound this morning until I rebooted the system, then it seemed normal. Apparently sound was not recorded at all as some programs had sound when played back and others had none. Volume mixer has all levels at their max.
    When is "this morning" - is it the 13th, 14th or 15th? Remember that this is a global community and I'm on the other side of the world so I'm not automatically going to understand what you mean.
    Also, which are the "some programs"? At first glance to me it looks like everything has recorded fine. This could be a playback problem (ie. codecs - LAV, renderer - ATI HDMI output). Do the files playback with audio in other software like VLC?

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Just to clarify:

I am using MP 1.4
    Schedules Direct version 1.3.0.1

I have turned the TV service on and off multiple times
    I have reinstalled The SD plugin
    I have "refreshed DVB EPG"
    I have restarted the computer multiple times

I simply never receive any new program data beyond 9pm tonight.

What am I missing? Why does the log say "SchedulesDirect EPG Client failed to start"?

This would probably explain everything but why is it not starting? Is there a way to start it manually to test it?

Please give me some new ideas to try as nothing so far has changed anything.

Thanks, Dave

mm, I just uninstalled some other software and MP refuses to work now. I reinstalled MP 1.5 but the TV service will not start. I get the attached screen.

Any help would be appreciated, things have been going so well with MP lately too.

Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1384917988][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm glad you figured it out. :)
    You won't see any comments about deleting all the channels in the MP wiki because the SchedulesDirect plugin is a third party plugin. As for why the ScheduleDirect wiki doesn't tell you to do that - I have no idea. Maybe there is a better way to do it, but I wouldn't know as I've never used the plugin.

When is "this morning" - is it the 13th, 14th or 15th? Remember that this is a global community and I'm on the other side of the world so I'm not automatically going to understand what you mean.
    Also, which are the "some programs"? At first glance to me it looks like everything has recorded fine. This could be a playback problem (ie. codecs - LAV, renderer - ATI HDMI output). Do the files playback with audio in other software like VLC?

mm, I just uninstalled some other software and MP refuses to work now. I reinstalled MP 1.5 but the TV service will not start. I get the attached screen.

Any help would be appreciated, things have been going so well with MP lately too.

Thanks,
    Dave

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      104.8 KB
    • error.jpg
      error.jpg
      104.8 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Dave

Please don't reinstall MP next time - that is massive overkill and has probably made the problem worse.
    The screenshots indicate the service is not able to connect to the MySQL database.
    What did you uninstall?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I have no idea why that would have messed up MP. I also don't know why the TV service is not able to connect. Did you try rebooting the PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom