Coming from radio to live tv, black screen with sound (1 Viewer)

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
August 21, 2011
I have for the record installed. When I open media portal and go to listen to a radio station that works fine. However when I then go to Live tv, it has sound, but the screen is black. Then when I go to change to another channel media portal crashes.

Many thanks.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have for the record installed. When I open media portal and go to listen to a radio station that works fine. However when I then go to Live tv, it has sound, but the screen is black. Then when I go to change to another channel media portal crashes.

Many thanks.

Can you gave maybe a bit more system information?

Wich codecs are you using? :)

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    No extra codecs are installed, just villina install of media portal, including for the record, and argos tuner. No Mediaportal TV Server installed.

PS. those logs will show im running SAF codec pack. However I did full reinstall and choose not to install his codec packs this time. The same issue of a black screen on live tv, when I have previously been listening to radio has occured. However the crashing no longer occurs.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Allright but wich codecs did you have selected? If you have no codec pack installed you have to choose Microsoft DTV decoders for TV..

I'm using the latest SAF6 version and using the LAV video and audio decoders.. They are working really great.. But can you post your system specs maybe? And the used windows version etc..?

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    Allright but wich codecs did you have selected? If you have no codec pack installed you have to choose Microsoft DTV decoders for TV..

I'm using the latest SAF6 version and using the LAV video and audio decoders.. They are working really great.. But can you post your system specs maybe? And the used windows version etc..?

I have reinstalled windows. I have installed mediaportal. Then I have installed fortherecord. I have not changed any settings in mediaportal. So this means my codecs are the default ones that come with windows 7 64bit.

I am on windows 7 ultimate 64bit. CPU/GPU intel i3 2105 hd3000. BTW I also tried ATI 5450 graphics card to test if it was the intel GPU playing up. The ATI 5450 experienced the same problem.

Also When I am watching live tv, then switch to live radio. The system freezes. It is obviously some problem switching between radio and tv, but why??

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know you didn't change the codecs, but it is good to know how they are configured now.. To check that you have to open mediaportal configuration and go to the tab; "Codecs and Renderer" and go to "TV Codecs"

Are you using RTSP streaming with fortherecord? You can try to disable it.. in mediaportal configuration under plugins you can find the fortherecord plugin.. Click on configure and disabled all (I believe 4) options..

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    Ok, I turned off RTSP streaming. Did not work.

The codecs I am using for TV Codecs are as follows, in Decending order.

Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder

MONOGRAM

Default direct sound device.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you using the latest software of eveything?

Mediaportal 1.2.1
    Fortherecord 1.6.0.1
    Latest drivers

You can't use the microsoft videodecoder as audio decoder..

EDIT: With default codecs it has to be like this:

Attachments

• Codecs.jpg
      Codecs.jpg
      107.5 KB

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    Yes using latest mediaportal and fortherecord. Not using latest intel HD3000 drivers, has stability problems. But I installed ATI HD 5450 card, I did not uninstall intel video drivers. So I just swapped the HDMI cable from the intel port to the ati port it has the same problem (with latest ati drivers for card)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom