Coming from radio to live tv, black screen with sound (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I agree with mm - looking at PD's TsReader.log, FTR are just treating the radio -> TV/TV -> radio change as if it's a normal channel change - I don't think MP's on-the-fly graph rebuilding code is designed to handle this, what needs to happen is a complete player/graph rebuild etc

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just to clarify - TsReader.ax detects the channel change in the stream, and informs the MP player code of the changes via a callback - according to PD's logs this is happening correctly (see the 'media format change' etc messages in TsReader.log)

In MP (AFAIK) TV and Radio are handled by separate plug-ins, so the MP player on-the-fly graph rebuilding code never has to handle the situation where the video part of the graph needs to be added or removed completely on a channel change.

That's about the limit of my knowledge on the player side - maybe someone like Sebastii could comment ?

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    FTR has 2 separate plugins tv and radio, obviously there seems to be problem that no one has spotted, been installing some older versions of FTR and it seems to have been around for a long time, really surprised its not been picked up before :confused:

sshot-19.jpg

Thanks for the info Tony.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    FTR has 2 separate plugins tv and radio, obviously there seems to be problem that no one has spotted, been installing some older versions of FTR and it seems to have been around for a long time, really surprised its not been picked up before :confused:

Thanks for the info Tony.

Agreed - but then we know that radio is a bit of a minority interest (writing this with BBC Radio 4 playing in the background :))

Tony

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    I have just downloaded the new version of fortherecord 1.6.0.2.

I am sad to say that the bug is still present in this new release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom