Tools and other software Command & Information Center (1 Viewer)

Michaelhk

Portal Member
April 28, 2017
Home Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
I'm running the GP1212A01 myself so it's likely to be the one with better compatibility. The other two should work just fine though.
As I mentioned on that comparison page I really like the power off feature from the A02 unit but the frame rate is terrible.
However what disqualified it for me was the high pitch noise though you might not hear it through your case. It was probably just bad luck, hopefully your unit won't have that problem.
Also be aware that I've had problems getting the A01 unit to work on my Asus Z97-WS motherboard. I had to disable some USB 3.0 option in the BIOS to get it to connect.
Moreover since I've not been using the A02 in a production environment CIC might not be taking full advantage of the power off feature. Though I could easily improve that.

have u try that if plug it into usb 2.0 port got any problem?

Weird but glad it worked for you.

when i install the sharp display manager, i think u are using 2015 visual c++ library, so i think it should run if i already installed the run time (i think it is come with windows 10) :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have u try that if plug it into usb 2.0 port got any problem?
    It was not working regardless of which USB port I was using, until I switch that option in BIOS. Since it's an internal connection it was USB 2.0 anyway, at least I think so. It could just have been an issue with that motherboard. I did not have such problem on an older motherboard.

Michaelhk

Portal Member
    April 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    It was not working regardless of which USB port I was using, until I switch that option in BIOS. Since it's an internal connection it was USB 2.0 anyway, at least I think so. It could just have been an issue with that motherboard. I did not have such problem on an older motherboard.

i just ordered the a02 version in my country, will report that have any problems or not..

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just published version 1.4.9. I'm hoping it could help with your installation issues guys.
    Try the download link from the first post and see if you have more joy this time.
    Regardless I'll probably migrate away from ClickOnce installer to use Squirrel instead.

@Michaelhk I just tried that display you ordered and it still works. However, there is a crash when trying to power it back on after having turned it off so I'm afraid you'll have to keep it on for the time being.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't bother trying it out guys it's still not working. The good news is that I can now reproduce the issue on a clean Windows 10 install so I won't need your help to fix it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've established that you need two variants of Visual C++ runtimes to get CIC running. The ones from Visual Studio 2015 (v14) and the ones from Visual Studio 2013 (v12). You can get them from Microsoft download center, use the links below. I believe you only need the x86 variants regardless of you machine architecture and Windows installation. However if that's still not working with the x86 variants please install the x64 variants on top of it and report back here.
    It turns out that the custom built branch of the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC libraries, CIC depends on, needs the 2013 runtimes.
    On top of that I have a couple of other modules such as PowerManager and SharpLibMiniDisplay which require the 2015 runtimes.

The upcoming new Squirrel installer will most likely package those dependencies so as to remove the need from having to fetch the runtimes manually from Microsoft. Until then you should be fine by installing the Microsoft packages mentioned above, or just put the content of the following ZIP file in the installation directory.

Attachments

• CIC-Patch.zip
      843.8 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've published the new installer there. It should work out-of-the-box on your machines without having to install the runtimes mentioned above.
    However, and this is a major problem, you will loose any settings whenever application updates are published.
    Though in theory you could restore settings from the previous version by locating the user.config file and copying it into the new data directory.
    So this is work in progress as that new delivery system still has some rough edges requiring extra work for users.

Last edited:

Michaelhk

Portal Member
    April 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    Finally, i received the GP1212A02 yesterday, according the datasheet downloaded from internet.
    i connect the screen using DuPont cable for test but seem not working, is my connection have problem?

1 USBVCC
    3 USB data -
    2 USB data +
    4 USB ground
    5 not connected
    6 power supply ground
    7 power supply +5V

Thank you

Attachments

• pinout.GIF
      pinout.GIF
      18.9 KB