Austria Austria
    Last edited:

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Mine's checked, but still no menu or ci selection :([DOUBLEPOST=1361378210][/DOUBLEPOST]wait, digital devices setup? i've just installed the drivers...:confused:
    i've done this: installed drivers both for tuner&CI, gone to tv server config, checked the CAM option from the tuner, but no CI menu to select a tuner to work with the CI :notworthy:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mine's checked, but still no menu or ci selection :([DOUBLEPOST=1361378210][/DOUBLEPOST]wait, digital devices setup? i've just installed the drivers...:confused:
    i've done this: installed drivers both for tuner&CI, gone to tv server config, checked the CAM option from the tuner, but no CI menu to select a tuner to work with the CI :notworthy:

When installing the digital devices sofware you get in start -> programs -> digital devices a Tuner setup where you can set Unicable, Cam, ... If you don't activate the cam module there you can't use it. Of course this is only if you are also using a digtal Devices Card.

Just download the latest package from their side and run the setup.

Last edited:

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Done, but still no results from MP.
    Still, i'm not using a Digital Devices Tuner, i'm using the Avermedia H335 with the DD Common interface.
    I've contacted DD, and they said the CI is compatible with avermedia products :cautious:
    I'll check the drivers/software packages available for the DD common interface and see if there's a setup for it. :cool:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Done, but still no results from MP.
    Still, i'm not using a Digital Devices Tuner, i'm using the Avermedia H335 with the DD Common interface.
    I've contacted DD, and they said the CI is compatible with avermedia products :cautious:
    I'll check the drivers/software packages available for the DD common interface and see if there's a setup for it. :cool:
    Hm - You need for sure enable the CI Module with your TV Card - tried to find a manual but couldn't even find the card at the avermedia homepage ...[DOUBLEPOST=1361438704][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also - I don't understadn what you mean - when you mark the Card in the tv server setup and go to edit and enable the CI - what else do you want to enable?

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Well, the problem is, i have the CAM enabled from this
    mp2.png

But in the tv server menu there is no CI menu section, the one that allows me to assing a Tuner to the Common Interface. o_O
    Don't know what to do to watch encrypted channels :cry:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But thats exactly it - each tuner has the same menue so you need to do this for every tuner which should use a CI. If you need to set something on teh tuner (the config of your Tunercard from the vendor) I can't tell you - normally you would bneed to enable the cam tehre too.

Last edited:

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    yeah, but the tuner doesn't seem to be "aware" that there's a Common Interface that is occupying my pci express slot :ROFLMAO:
    Anyway, i used to have an Hauppauge Tuner+CI, and with that couple there was a 3th section in the menu tabs:
    Cards - Hybrid Cards - CI
    and in the CI menu it allowed me to choose the Tuner that were supposed to work with the CI.
    It's quite a mess, i know... :notworthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom