Common Interface (1 Viewer)

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
February 20, 2013
Rome
Home Country
Italy Italy
Update on my situation (y)
Now now, it would seem that the problem has something to do with the CAM.
If i leave the Common Interface enabled, but i don't insert any cam, the tuner works fine! :X3:
But, if i insert the cam (oh, it's a Nagravision cam btw), MP doesn't work at all. :eek:

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
July 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
If this helps anyhow,
I've got the DD Cine S2 V6.5, the DD CI with a MaxCam Twin V2 and a V13 smartcard from Sky Germany.

In the TV server all scrambeled Sky Germany channels appear with a red icon in the list, that means "still scrambeled", doesn't it?

But if you go on one of these channels in MePo you can watch it.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, red dots just means it is scrambled, nothing more. If you have the right CAM and smartcard, you should also be able to watch the red dotted channels.

Are you absolutely sure your CAM is the right one to watch the scrambled channels of your cable company?.. I mean.. Ziggo in the Netherlands use Irdeto for scrambling, which can be de-scrambled using an Alphacrypt Classic CAM, but with UPC this doesnt work, because they use some sort of customized Nagravision scrambling, and as far as I know there is no CAM available that works with UPC (they do have a CI+ CAM now, but there are no computer DTV cards that support CI+)

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, red dots just means it is scrambled, nothing more. If you have the right CAM and smartcard, you should also be able to watch the red dotted channels.

Oh! I thank you for clearing that, with a D maj7 #9 chord, lotsofjazz ;-)

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Actually, i know for sure that the CAM is the right one since they sell it with the Card.
    Thing is, the cam is supposed to be (not entirely sure of it) Nagravision, and ppl at DigitalDevices mailed me stating that nagravision cams are compatible with they're products. (y)
    Still, can't see the solution of this puzzle, but i do know that i need both the tuner and the common interface, not just one of them... :cry:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, been there done that... Ever tried to turn the smart card in the CAM?, the chip should face the side where the thumb grip cutout is in the CAM.. I think..

Sounds stupid, and it probably is, but I was dealing with similar problems 5-6 years ago.. untill someone told me to turn the smartcard.. problems solved.

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Checked. Still, just to be sure, i tried both ways. No results. :sick:

Alas, this seems to be a MP fault (it's quite sure since the tuner and the common interface/cam/card works with different versions of MP)...
    Still, i'd like to know if there's a solution or a workaound for this particular situation before considering another software like MP (or, even better, a patch or something similar)...

Last edited:

kike1

Portal Member
    February 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Update

I still have the problems and I have now contacted Digital devices for help. If they have a solution, I will off course post it here.

crossing my fingers...if no positive feedback from them mediaportal is history and I will have to go back to normal TV :-(

kike1

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
    February 20, 2013
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Eh, good luck with that, i've contacted (or tried to contact) Digital Devices something like a week ago (maybe a bit more if i recall correctly, not going to check the mail for that...) but i haven't received an answer, not even something like "oh, you wait just a sec and we'll give you the solution!!!"... :cry:

kike1

Portal Member
    February 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well I certainly hope they can help otherwise I will have to find another solution. Last night and tonight missing Champions Leage, stuck with watching who is the new pope on local news.....argh.

I started a suppr0t ticket on their support site....now just waiting to hear from them :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom